"Phuket Introduction" Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket by shane_02

Phuket Travel Guide: 3,193 reviews and 8,742 photos

Phuket

Welcome to my Phuket homepage !!

In this homepage, I will be sharing the happiness and fun I had during my stay in Phuket. I have posted many tips and hotels informations especially to assist many Phuket bound tourists. Kindly drop me a message if you require my assistance. I will do my best to assist you.

Personally I have been to Phuket many times (just can't recall how many). My last trip is April 2005, 4 months after the disastrous tsunami that hit the Phuket shores.

However, I want to reserve some comments for that fateful Boxing Day Tsunami. Hence, I will like to remind everyone that on 26th DECEMBER 2004 , an undersea earthquake measuring between 9.1 to 9.3 occurred at 00:58:53 UTC, with an epicentre off the west coast of Sumatra. This earthquake resulted in an estimated of 229,866 lives lost worldwide, including 186,983 dead and 42,883 missing.

In Phuket, about 250 people, mostly tourists from all over the world were reported dead. As a result of the tsunami, as many as 5,200 lives were lost nationwide in Thailand. Many victims having their vacations on small islands near Phuket have literally no way of escaping as some of Thailand's smaller vacation islands were swallowed by the water.

Herewith, I pay my respects to those people who perished together with the tsunami. And salutes to those alive for rebuilding Phuket and make this island as well as the nearby islands a haven for us tourists.

In conclusion, I just believed that we are blessed in many ways in our lives and that we do not result being the tsunami victims.

• Last visit to Phuket: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 25, 2007

• madmatg's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2008 at 12:24 AM

Well i stayed at the Karon beach hotel and it was nice. BUT the transport totally ripped us off; the hotel wanted 1500 baht to take us to the airport...crazyness

• Nov 12, 2007 at 8:33 PM

Hi Shane, how much (S$) do I need to bring for a 3d2n stay @ Patong Beach?... We are are family of 5...our package doesn't include lunch & dinner & we intend 2 shop lots of "branded" bags there too! Is S$500 enough or too much? PS : We love to bargain.

• Aug 29, 2007 at 7:01 AM

The restaurant at the top of Promthep Cape is great for sunset drinks and cocktails, because of the fabulous views. Do not eat here. I have done twice, the Thai food was very expensive, tasteless, and in tiny portions. The service was really bad.

• Apr 1, 2007 at 2:37 AM

Good pics, nice pages.

• zafilm's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 7:34 AM

Fantastic page and great pics.. Can't wait for my holiday to Phuket next month. CHEERS....

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 12:30 AM

Good luck with the new look Phuket :~)

• judz's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 3:56 PM

Great accommodation tips - thanks from NZ

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 12:53 AM

Happy 2006, Shane ! :-)

• Max.ivanenko's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2005 at 5:30 AM

Thanks for valueable comments on Phukets accomodations! Cheers from Ukraine, Max

• sarahansson78's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 1:30 PM

Nice page, thank you for all the info on Phuket! Bye! /sarahansson78

shane_02 Visits Here Frequently!

shane_02

“Life is short. Travel hard !!!”

Badges & Stats in Phuket