"Town With History." Alkmaar by crazygal59
Alkmaar Travel Guide: 237 reviews and 536 photos
This is one of my favorite places. This town is over 700 years old. It has such a history to it and so much to see. This is a great walking town. There are many beautiful churches to see.
- Pros:Easy to walk around,lots to see.
- Cons:To many great shops to spend my money in.
- In a nutshell:Well worth the half hour train trip from Amsterdam.
Always wear comfy shoes. Make sure they are shoes you have broken in before or you will suffer for sure. The cobbles... more travel advice
Taking a canal trip in this town is a must. It is interesting to see things from a different perspective. Just to see... more travel advice
crazygal59's Related Pages
Alkmaar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alkmaar from the inside"
- "another pretty Dutch town - with lots of cheese!"
- "A little page about Alkmaar"
- "Alkmaar, The Netherlands"
- "Alkmaar on a hot sunny day"
- "SAY CHEESE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alkmaar
- Hotels in Alkmaar
- Transportation in Alkmaar
- Nightlife in Alkmaar
- Restaurants in Alkmaar
- Shopping in Alkmaar
- Warnings and Dangers in Alkmaar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alkmaar
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Alkmaar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alkmaar
Photos in AlkmaarSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Nassau Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos
- Paradise Island Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Argentina Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos
- Algonquin Park Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Niagara Falls Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Province of Ontario Intro, 14 photos, 4 travelogues
- Alkmaar Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos