"Fylde Coast" henry14's Profile
Sadly, Fleetwood Pier is no more. Burning down in 'mysterious circumstances' in September 2008. There will be few very local adults that dont have childhood memories of visits to the pier, either having a ride in the little blue helicopter that rose a whole two foot off the ground at the speed of an inch a minute, or so it appeared!..or feeding pennies into the penny falls machine, that I swear had the pennies glued to the shelves because they never did fall!
The remaining Pier structure was subsequently deemed unsafe and completely demolished. A very sad day indeed.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 55 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: Itinerary advice"
- Commented on Odinnthor's profile page
- Wrote a Review Ice Caving! in Höfn Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ice Caving!"
- updated a Stykkishólmur Travel Page "Stykkisholmur"
updated their Profile Page "Fylde Coast"
PhotosSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- London 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Tromsø 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Beijing 6 reviews
- Reykjavík Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Rome 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Venice 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Höfn 1 review, 3 photos
- Stykkishólmur Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Reykjanes 1 review, 3 photos
- Barcelona 3 reviews
No friends yet.