"Fylde Coast" henry14's Profile
Sadly, Fleetwood Pier is no more. Burning down in 'mysterious circumstances' in September 2008. There will be few very local adults that dont have childhood memories of visits to the pier, either having a ride in the little blue helicopter that rose a whole two foot off the ground at the speed of an inch a minute, or so it appeared!..or feeding pennies into the penny falls machine, that I swear had the pennies glued to the shelves because they never did fall!
The remaining Pier structure was subsequently deemed unsafe and completely demolished. A very sad day indeed.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 50 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: Car hire in Iceland"
- Commented on henry14's profile page
- updated a Reykjavík Travel Page "Reykjavik"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Reykjavik"
- Wrote a Review Soup in a bowl made of bread -fun on a cold night! in Reykjavík Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "Fylde Coast"
PhotosSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- London 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Tromsø 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Beijing 6 reviews
- Rome 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Venice 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Barcelona 3 reviews
- Florence 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Birmingham 3 reviews
- Liverpool 3 reviews
No friends yet.