Cleveland Favorite Tips by erikatheskysailor Top 5 Page for this destination
Cleveland Favorites: 37 reviews and 26 photos
Favorite thing: C-Tix is a web-based discount ticketing service, and I've been impressed by the deals in the e-mailed newsletter. So, I think it's worth it to investigate what they have to offer.
Favorite thing: Yeah... our river caught on fire once.
Or so you think: the Cuyahoga river didn't actually burn, people... the oil and garbage covering the surface did. This happened on 22 June 1969. We oft receive mockery by outsiders who are just looking for a reason to tease because they don't like Cleveland, but the river has been greatly improved, and Cleveland is up and coming 'green' city. The river itself still need progress, as do most mjaor Great Lakes area rivers. No one's proud that the conditions on the river were allowed to become so awful, but we are proud of our 'Crooked river' and the role it's played, and continues to, in northeast Ohio and Cleveland. We've preserved it's heritage and are always making the river cleaner. Come see for yourself. ;)
So, now you have the facts straight. ;)
Favorite thing: During Autumn, if you are an enthusiast about fall foliage colors, going to gaze at the trees in any of the Cleveland Metroparks reservations is a must-do! Even if you don't particularly seek places for leaf colors, if you're here you might as well, too. Early in Autumn you'll see a spectacular multitude of colors and have access to many scenic overlooks.
More Reviews (105)
- See All Wendy Park
- See All Downtown construction
- See All Tremont Art Walk
- See All "That's hot."
- See All Willard Park
- See All Slainte!
erikatheskysailor's Related Pages
Cleveland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cleveland Rocks!"
- "Mistake on the Lake? You be the Judge!"
- "Cleveland - The Mistake on the lake"
- "95 Years of Cleveland"
- "The Cleveland You've Never Seen"
- "Open air entrepreneurship"
- "A City by the Lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cleveland
- Hotels in Cleveland
- Transportation in Cleveland
- Nightlife in Cleveland
- Restaurants in Cleveland
- Shopping in Cleveland
- Warnings and Dangers in Cleveland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cleveland
- 108 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Cleveland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cleveland
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 108 reviews, 55 photos
- Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 2 reviews
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum- 36 Reviews, 55 Photos
- University Circle- 11 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo- 8 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Cedar Point Amusement Park- 7 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Great Lakes Science Center- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Cleveland Museum of Art- 8 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Sports- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Geauga Lake and Wildwater Kingdom- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Local events- 1 Review, 5 Photos