"Cleveland Rocks!" Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland by erikatheskysailor

Cleveland Travel Guide: 615 reviews and 950 photos

We're not the Mistake on the Lake!

(106 travel tips and I'm just getting started.)

Earth Cam: Cleveland.

My goal with this page is simple: To work towards dispelling the popular knowledge that Cleveland is an avoidable and unremarkable Great Lakes city. Cleveland is an underrated town, with much to offer and I hope my pages and tips will inspire you to come explore for yourself.

My focus for now will be on downtown, since I have not done a lot of exploring of other notable neighborhoods and regions to warrant in-depth tips and such.

• Pros:Eclectic, cultured, many activities and fascinating history.
  • Cons:Cold winters, bad neighborhoods and a half-alive downtown.
  • In a nutshell:Not the sterotypical Great Lakes industrial town: cultural, historic and eclectic.
  • Intro Updated Apr 29, 2007

• May 20, 2008 at 1:47 AM

Your post in "Cleveland Parks" refers to Martin Luther King Jr Park. I believe you are writing about Rockefeller Park, which is on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.

• OhioHoney's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2007 at 7:45 PM

important to mention Lolita - in the Tremont area...a super bistro...Chef Matt Harlan is a genius and if you don't visit Lolita, you missing a super wonderful time - oooh and that happy hour is awesome!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2007 at 9:49 AM

Anthony Bourdain had Cleveland spotlighted on his No Reservations show on the Travel Network last night. He made it look dismal so I thought I would check out some pages on it to see it he was accurate or not.

• Jul 20, 2007 at 10:35 PM

erika, Don't swim at the beaches, is not so true anymore, Edgewater Park ,was better them Huntington Beach, The local papers , now have

• LauraWest's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2007 at 6:07 PM

Hi! I will be going to Cleveland this weekend,for a workshop, Not much free time,so what should I try to see? Rock n Roll Hall? Read your tips, but still not sure what's really, uniquely Cleveland. (Don't like to shop or stay out late.)Can U suggest?

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 1:07 AM

You have made this non-touristic town a very touristic town. ;-)

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2006 at 10:47 AM

You are indeed an ambassador extrordinaire for Cleveland! Enjoyed my brief visit. Spent a week in Shaker Heights years ago - should have gone downtown!

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 6:56 PM

Erika, your exceedingly comprehensive tour of Cleveland is refreshingly frank, covering the great, good, bad & ugly. I spent a week there but stayed in Bay Village. Appreciate your honest home town perspective. Doug

• Oct 17, 2005 at 1:06 PM

hello i'm wendy33's son i got into VT because 'cause i traveled to lots of places and i'm looking forward to going back to lakewood or ohio itself lol :)

• kmscpa's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 10:01 AM

I really like the Cleveland page. I live just 40 miles South. You are the first person on VT I have seen from NE Ohio

erikatheskysailor Lives Here!

erikatheskysailor

“I got the road... I got the sky... The world is my home!”

Badges & Stats in Cleveland

Have you been to Cleveland?

Latest Activity in Cleveland