Thasos Island Warnings Or Dangers Tips by 78Eva Top 5 Page for this destination
Thasos Island Warnings and Dangers: 10 reviews and 9 photos
This is really a small problem but I though I'd write about it anyway. While you are staying at the seaside in Thasos, you are not going to encounter snakes. On the roads, you sometimes see dead one (Greeks will run over them deliberately just to kill one).
However, when you go hiking over rocks and grassland you might encounter a snake here and there. As far as I know there is only one poisonous kind of snake around (and several non-poisonous one), and even that poisonous one is not of the worst kind. You would just have to get to a doctor. You want to protect yourself simply by wearing ankle-high or higher hiking shoes, and maybe not shorts. And don't pick snakes up out of sheer interest.
More Reviews (8)
78Eva's Related Pages
Thasos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THASSOS ISLAND"
- "Honey Pine Olives Sea"
- "VINTAGE THASSOS"
- "Thasos Island"
- "T H A S O S"
- "THE BLUE AND GREEN GEM OF THASSOS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thasos Island
- Hotels in Thasos Island
- Transportation in Thasos Island
- Nightlife in Thasos Island
- Restaurants in Thasos Island
- Shopping in Thasos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Thasos Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thasos Island
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Thasos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thasos Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fes Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 17 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thasos Island Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Stavanger Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Durham Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Siena Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Rehoboth Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- De Smet Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Bochum Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Saratoga Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos