"Thasos Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Thasos Island by 78Eva
Thasos Island Travel Guide: 171 reviews and 434 photos
I spent two weeks on the island of Thasos. I knew hardly anything about the place, just wanted a quiet, cheap, warm place to relax after a few weeks of exams. No touristy spot, no bars, shops and all that. Just lying on the beach, going for walks, eating, relaxing....
If you are looking for that, then Thasos might be the right island for you. It is less known and less touristy than many of the Greek islands further south. Thasos is close to the northern coast, towards Bulgaria.
It's a beautiful little island, very mountaineous, in fact almost all of the villages and towns are right on the coast on the almost circular island. There are a few little villages up in the mountains inland - very original and beautiful and little visited (e.g. Theologos).
I stayed in Kinira, a small village on the eastern coast. It is really was very small, there a only a few hotels and pensions here. I was there in May, when I enjoyed the beautiful weather and complete lack of tourists.
The sea is clear and blue, great to swim in. Hiking opportunities are excellent. People are friendly. If you want the bigger towns once in a while, you can rent a car for a couple of days.
Do not come to Kinira if you're looking for nightlife, shops and entertainment. It has nothing of that sort. It has only a few places to eat.
- Pros:less touristy, warm, good for hiking and swimming, quiet, cheap
- Cons:not much nightlife or entertainment, simple
- In a nutshell:A great place to come to for a few quiet sunny weeks on an island!
When you are out and about circling the island and looking at the sights, you might want to stop at Archangelou convent... more travel advice
The only way on Thasos to get "off the beaten path" is to go inland. Since the island is very steep and mountaneous,... more travel advice
78Eva's Related Pages
Thasos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THASSOS ISLAND"
- "Honey Pine Olives Sea"
- "VINTAGE THASSOS"
- "Thasos Island"
- "T H A S O S"
- "THE BLUE AND GREEN GEM OF THASSOS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thasos Island
- Hotels in Thasos Island
- Transportation in Thasos Island
- Nightlife in Thasos Island
- Restaurants in Thasos Island
- Shopping in Thasos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Thasos Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Thasos Island
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Thasos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thasos Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fes Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 17 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thasos Island Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Stavanger Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Durham Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Siena Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Rehoboth Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- De Smet Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Bochum Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Saratoga Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos