Fes Hotel Tips by 78Eva Top 5 Page for this destination

Fes Hotels: 10,600 reviews and 82 photos

Having tea in my Moroccan apartment - Fes

Having tea in my Moroccan apartment

Accomodation at the ALIF villa: Fez - language school

During my stay in Fes, I first lived in the ALIF villa for about a month, and then went to rent a large apartment with friends I had met there.
Many students stay at the ALIF villa the entire length of their stay (many also don't stay as long as I did). I think it is a pretty good option and relatively hassle-free (an apartment can be a hassle).
The language center's accomodation is pompously called "the villa" under which I imagined something beautiful. It is more functional than beautiful, but it perfectly alright and has a pretty garden. The great thing is that you stay just across the road from the school. In the morning you just need to run over instead of taking a bus etc.
The villa has about 15 rooms or so, I think. Some are single, some are double. The rooms don't have their own bathrooms but there are pretty decent common bathrooms. In the basement there is a washing machine. Almost every room has its own little balcony.
The rooms are a bit sparsely furnished, not much more than a bed and a desk, sometimes a closet or a shelf, but it's fine. They provide you with bed clothes. You can clean your own room or have it be cleaned by Najia, the good soul of the house, for money.
There is a common room with sofas and a TV, and a common kitchen which isn't quite sufficient for the amount of people, I find. But you can go out to eat most of the time anyway.
To live in the villa will cost you between 200-300$ a month, depending on the size and equipment of the room.
I definitely enjoyed staying there, it's clean and hassle-free and you are never alone.

Unique Qualities: Nice garden.
Balconies.

• Written Feb 23, 2004
Zalagh hotel - Fes

Zalagh hotel

Hotel Zalagh: A pretty nice hotel in the new city

I did not stay at the Zalagh myself, since I stayed at the Fez language centre's accomodation. However, I know from a friend who stayed there that it is a pretty nice hotel (4 stars).
Myself, I swam in the Zalagh pool a few times when it got warm (they take a pretty steep entrance fee just for swimming). I also had dinner in their restaurant twice (if you want delicious western food once in a while, this is the place) - it's actually not too expensive to eat there.
Since I did not see the rooms, I can only say that their restaurant is very nice, and that they have a beautiful hotel garden. When you relax there at the swimming-pool amid all that dende vegetation, you feel like you're not in Fez anymore!
I think the prices were pretty high, although perhaps not so much by American standards, about 40-50$ per person. If I were to stay at a hotel in Fez, I would always stay at a cheaper hotel, I think, but it might be the right thing for someone coming the first time, staying in Fez only for a few days and looking for a nice hotel.

Unique Qualities: There is a nice outdoor pool and a beautiful garden.
The hotel overlooks the medina, but only for afar, so all you see actually is an accumulation of piled-up houses in the distance.

Address: Fez, Ville Nouvelle, right next to the Alif language school and their "villa"

Comparison: more expensive than average

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Hotel

• Written Feb 23, 2004

78Eva

“I believe in such cartography (...)All I desired was to walk upon such an earth that had no maps (Ondaatje)”

Badges & Stats in Fes

Have you been to Fes?

Latest Activity in Fes

Visiting Fes?
Read real reviews about Fes Hotels!