"Fes - worth a longer stay" Top 5 Page for this destination Fes by 78Eva
Fes Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 1,157 photos
I spent about half a year in Fes, studying Arabic at an institute there (oh, Arabic, can it ever be learned!) and had a great time there.
The city is pretty big, about 600.000 inhabitants, and is basically divided into th Ville Nouvelle, Fes Jdid (where also the old Jewish quarter is) and the old medina. To live in I prefer the Ville Nouvelle, to have adventures definitely the old medina. What a place, magical and exotic, a labyrinth really, always new things to be discovered.
Fes is fairly traditional still, and perhaps not the easiest place to live in Morocco. It is, however, one of the more rewarding ones, and also isn't swallowed up by hordes of tourists.
- Pros:Lots to experience, interesting old city, lots of history to explore, the real Morocco
- Cons:a bit old-fashioned, very hot in the summer
- In a nutshell:A fantastic place waiting to be discovered!
Morocco is in many way both a conservative and very westernized country. Almost all extremes can be found. You'll find... more travel advice
Taxi rides are quite cheap. Within cities there are petite taxis that I definitely recommend. they are cheap and quick... more travel advice
78Eva's Related Pages
Fes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fes...My Home through a Hole in my Dreams"
- "A medieval city in Morocco"
- "Fes - For a fistful of Dirhams !"
- "Keeweechic's Fez"
- "Fes - worth a longer stay"
- "Fez - A World Of Little Change Within The Medina"
- "Fes - November 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fes
- Hotels in Fes
- Transportation in Fes
- Nightlife in Fes
- Restaurants in Fes
- Shopping in Fes
- Warnings and Dangers in Fes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fes
- 19 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Fes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fes
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fes Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 17 reviews, 12 photos
- Thasos Island Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Stavanger Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Durham Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Siena Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Rehoboth Beach Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- De Smet Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Bochum Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Saratoga Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos