Banda Island Things to Do Tips by muguruki
Banda Island Things to Do: 6 reviews and 8 photos
It actualy looks nice at this time of the morning
This is the best that Kitobo gets. This is what you see from Banda Island well before the toast and Marmite appears.
It is a 3 hour trip from Kasenyi to Banda as the sun goes down it can get cold! This was the only time I wore a jacket in the whole 4 months that I spent in UG. Boarding at Kasenyi can be a right pain in the arse as scores of people want to help you on board the boat FOR A COST!
The most enerjetic thing I did on Banda was pick chillies! Excellent food prepared by the staff under Dom's strict instructions. I didn't even have to bring my own Marmite (now there is a rareity).
Since the Dutch goverment have bought a ferry to run to the Ssese islands that goes straight to the big island very few tourists make the short trip to Banda wich makes it even quieter!
Directions: 3 hours boat ride from Kasenyi near Entebbe.
Phone: 0772 222777
Getting off your face as the sun goes down is an excellent way to end the day on Banda!
muguruki's Related Pages
Banda Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banda Island: ultimate chill out..."
- "You luv camping??? come to Banda."
- "BANDA ISLAND"
- "Heaven in Lake Victoria"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banda Island
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Banda Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banda Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda Intro, 44 reviews, 120 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kampala Intro, 58 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wales Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mombasa Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Entebbe Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Gulu Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lira Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malindi Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos