"Banda" Banda Island by muguruki
Banda Island Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 28 photos
Heard a lot about Banda before I ever got there, not all good! I still hear mixed things about the place now; it probably is the Marmite of Ugandan travel (by that I mean you either love it or hate it).
Banda is a serious chilling place the most energetic thing I did on Banda was pick chillies from some of the many bushes scattered about the place! The food on the island is excellent, prepared by the staff under the owner Dom's strict instructions and because of the islands remoteness most of the food and spices are actually grown on the island itself. The food is so good that I didn't even have to bring my own Marmite (now there is a rarity).
Since the Dutch government have provided a ferry to run to the Ssese islands from near Entebbe that goes straight to the big island, very few tourists actually make the short trip to Banda which makes the place even quieter these days.
This is the boat arriving on the beach at Banda Island on its return trip to the mainland.
If you are coming from the mainland the journey from Kasenyi near Entebbe takes 3 hours and usually leaves just before nightfall. After the boat leaves Banda it then continues on to the main Ssese island.
MUGURUKI IN THE SHADE
Resting in the shade before the return trip back to the chaos of the port at Kesenyi.
Its a good idea to take a brolley and not just for the possibility of rain, but for the only shelter on the boat trip back to Kasenyi.
- In a nutshell:Check out this site http://www.traveluganda.co.ug
It is a 3 hour trip from Kasenyi to Banda as the sun goes down it can get cold! This was the only time I wore a jacket... more travel advice
This is the best that Kitobo gets. This is what you see from Banda Island well before the toast and Marmite appears. more travel advice
muguruki's Related Pages
Banda Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banda Island: ultimate chill out..."
- "You luv camping??? come to Banda."
- "BANDA ISLAND"
- "Heaven in Lake Victoria"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banda Island
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Banda Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banda Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda Intro, 44 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kampala Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wales Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mombasa Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Entebbe Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Lira Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gulu Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Soroti Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos