"Kampala Ah-hah!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kampala by muguruki
Kampala Travel Guide: 236 reviews and 660 photos
Kampala is going mad. Not so long ago the "capital" of Uganda was a sleepy town but in the last few years building work is going on all over the city. Every little plot seems to have all sorts of little shops squeezed in to every available inch that isn't occupied by a taxi or boda-boda.
When I a stay in Kampala I like to stay bang in the middle of town with easy access to taxi and bus parks and within a mango's throw of Owino market.
This photo to the left was taken from my room. To the right beyond Owino market and Nakivubo stadium is the recently built mosque situated on Old Kampala hill.
The mosque has been built with money from Libya and Gaddafi has promised to pay the utility bills for the first few years of its existence. After that it is hoped that the shops that are built in the arcade surrounding the mosque will help pay for the mosques upkeep.
The centre of town is chaotic and travelling through Kampala during the day can take forerver. To releave the chaotic traffic in the city a dirty big by-pass is being built as I write this. You wont have to travel far before you bump into huge road works constructing great bridges to carry the by-pass over existing roads through the city.
No frills but excellent vegetarian Indian food. Pav Bhaji, Thali, Samosa Chat more travel advice
The Dolphin has moved again. One of my favourite eating places in Kampala was once at home on William street then... more travel advice
- See All Queen FOREX
- See All Akamba bus
- See All Super duper
- See All Steamin in the sauna
- See All Best boozer in Old Kampala
muguruki's Related Pages
Kampala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rainy days in Kampala"
- "IT'S FOR THE BIRDS"
- "Kampala Ah-hah!"
- "The Pearl of the African Pearl"
- "Kampala, the city of seven hills"
- "the city of uganda"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kampala
- Hotels in Kampala
- Transportation in Kampala
- Nightlife in Kampala
- Restaurants in Kampala
- Shopping in Kampala
- Warnings and Dangers in Kampala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampala
- 61 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Kampala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampala
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda Intro, 44 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kampala Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wales Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mombasa Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Entebbe Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Gulu Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lira Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malindi Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos