" Moroto " Moroto by muguruki
Moroto Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 16 photos
Not the easiest place to get to but well worth the effort.
This was my second visit to Karamoja after visiting Nakapiripirit some years ago and this trip to the north east was as memorable as that trip was.
The people here are lovely! I know that the Karamajong have got a fearsome reputation but all I came across was warmth, friendliness and generosity form these people.
Although people who served me in shops and cafes here all spoke English when I walked around the market area I would have really struggled to comunicate if i didn't have some knowledge of Swahili. Knowing a few words will make a reall difference. I always got a good laugh when I tried my Karamajong on the locals.
In the centre of the main drag in Moroto there is a large tree and underneath this tree during daytime you will see a... more travel advice
They love a drink in this neck of the woods and if you walk around the market you will find its is predominantly women... more travel advice
muguruki's Related Pages
Moroto Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Moroto
- Hotels in Moroto
- Transportation in Moroto
- Nightlife in Moroto
- Restaurants in Moroto
- Shopping in Moroto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moroto
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Moroto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moroto
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda Intro, 44 reviews, 128 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kampala Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wales Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mombasa Intro, 41 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Entebbe Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos
- Lira Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gulu Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Soroti Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos