"Ugandagogogoch!" Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda by muguruki

Uganda Travel Guide: 1,227 reviews and 3,057 photos

Uganda has had a violent past and that is a major factor for putting people off visiting this beautiful country. In the last few years things seem to be really changing for this part of Africa. The civil war in the North of Uganda that has caused insecurity and displaced thousands of people over the last 20 years, looks like it is eventually coming to some kind of end. A year ago peace talks over the border in Southern Sudan ended the long running war there, and stability in the region is causing a huge upsurge in cross border trade. Late last year presidential elections passed off relatively peacefully to the west of Uganda in The Democratic Republic of Congo and since the release of the film “Last king of Scotland” about Idi Amin I can see Uganda becoming a really popular destination in the years to come.

The best thing that Uganda has going for it are the people of Uganda itself.

It's pretty hard to describe how friendly and polite the people here are and even by showing a few photos you wont really get the picture so I guess you just have to take my word and go and find out for yourself.

As well as this page I have also written pages on several other towns and districts in UG,. These are
Adjumani

Moroto
Moyo
Soroti
Tororo

If you want to find out more on Uganda its well worth checking out the excellent "The Eye" magazine or or check it out on line

Another good website is

• Last visit to Uganda: May 2013
  • Intro Updated Jul 3, 2013

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Bore da, Neil! Thanks for your story about your wonderful trip! I hope it's still safe to travel over there...

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Really liked the Pack vs suitcase review. I need to have a better look at my Charity shop nearby. Great book reviews and need to replace my lost sink plug! Excellent page!

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Good tips Uganda is one of the places We must decide if they will be included in our next travel Thank you for your information Gracias !!!!!

• ThiagoRamos's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Very interesting page with helpful info. Congratulations from Brazil!!!

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Nice to revisit your pages. I enjoyed the pictures of the birds which you have added. Thanks, Diane

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2007 at 4:48 AM

Great page of Uganda. Very interesting local customs detailed. Thanks for sharing Uganda. Cheers, SL :)

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 7:13 AM

Did a double take on one of your tips, Neil. You said you bought your wife a plant pot. I originally went dyslexic and swapped the words pot and plant. ;)

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2006 at 4:40 AM

thanks for the good photos and good advice. we look forward to seeing it.

• crewrower's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 6:28 AM

Uganda looks great....would you say it's safe?

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2005 at 6:56 AM

one of the countries I definitly want to visit and sure want to try that beer. I heard my friend Sam telling me all about it so I am ready to taste! nice pictures!

muguruki

“The highly coloured unreality of foreignness.”

Badges & Stats in Uganda