"Cook Island Soujourn" Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands by catalysta
Cook Islands Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 951 photos
The Cook Islands are a New Zealand protectorate, and the natives preserve their pristine beaches & lagoons with that NZ Green ethic. Tourism is their main industry, but they don't allow any of the huge resorts you'll see elsewhere, and "no building may be taller than the tallest palm tree" (figure 3 stories).
These people are intensely proud of their islands, and they welcome visitors whole-heartedly. While I was there, Canada 3000 went under, leaving me potentially stranded. Shoulda stayed!!! Unfortunately, New Zealand Air came to my rescue (sigh).
It never ceases to amaze me that I can send email postcards to friends up on the tundra of Alaska, while I'm sipping mai-tais on an island in the South Pacific.
...echoing the movements of the native dancers...
- Pros:User-friendly, beautiful, what's not to love?
- Cons:I'm not there now. (Whaa!)
- In a nutshell:It's still in my dreams...
For lots of specific information about other accommodations, take a look at the Island Hopper Vacations website (see... more travel advice
Air Rarotonga also flies to the Outer Islands. At this link on KiaOrana.com, just click on the name of an island to see... more travel advice
- See All The Most Romantic Island
- See All Island of Romance & Dreams....
- See All Shark Dive!!!
- See All And of course a sunset cruise...
- See All The Saturday Market
catalysta's Related Pages
Cook Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cook Island Soujourn"
- "Cook Islands"
- "A South Pacific paradise"
- "Rarotonga & Aitutaki"
- "THE COOK ISLANDS - PACIFIC DREAMS REALIZED"
- "Rarotonga - Paradise on Earth"
- "Cook Islands means Paradise on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cook Islands
- Hotels in Cook Islands
- Transportation in Cook Islands
- Nightlife in Cook Islands
- Restaurants in Cook Islands
- Shopping in Cook Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Cook Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cook Islands
- 35 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Cook Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cook Islands
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virgin Gorda Intro, 50 reviews, 151 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 49 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 35 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 43 reviews, 49 photos
- Stuart Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Beef Island Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos