"Laidback & Lovely Town on Hectic Treasure Coast" Stuart by catalysta
Stuart Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 77 photos
So the Old Town sign proclaims, & I am inclined to believe it!
Stuart is a lovely little town near Port St. Lucie, on the Atlantic seaboard of Florida known as the Treasure Coast. It’s a comfortable easygoing place, with none of the messy traffic of Daytona, or the glitzy glamour of West Palm Beach, and thankfully it’s not a major Spring Break destination either!
I’m afraid my photos of Stuart won’t do it justice, since I was visiting & clicking away in early October 2004, a mere couple of weeks after two devastating hurricanes in a row made landfall here (see my Frances & Jeanne travelogues on this page).
But the cleanup has come a long way, and the shellshocked residents are picking up and going on with their lives.
- Pros:Pretty & relaxed town
- Cons:Of course it's expensive, it's on the Treasure Coast!
- In a nutshell:Not everyone's destination, but I will be back
Not just a venue for produce, at Trader Burk’s booth you can buy all sorts of hard-to-come-by spices, rubs, condiments,... more travel advice
catalysta's Related Pages
Stuart Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Laidback & Lovely Town on Hectic Treasure Coast"
- "Between Vero Beach and Fort Pierce"
- "Faces East Online"
- "S T U A R T"
- "stuart, florida"
- "Florida Rocks!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stuart
- Transportation in Stuart
- Nightlife in Stuart
- Restaurants in Stuart
- Shopping in Stuart
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stuart
- 18 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Stuart?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stuart
Photos in StuartSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virgin Gorda Intro, 50 reviews, 151 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peru Intro, 72 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Cayman Intro, 49 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 35 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 44 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 43 reviews, 49 photos
- Stuart Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Beef Island Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos