"Gulf Coast Style" Top 5 Page for this destination Naples by catalysta

Naples Travel Guide: 270 reviews and 613 photos

Welcome to Naples...

...where La Dolce Vita meets the Gulf Coast of Florida. Once upon a time Naples used to be as sleepy as any other town you could find on the Gulf Coast. But in 1887, the entire town was purchased by a group of wealthy entrepeneurs from Kentucky, who reinvented it as a posh winter resort.

Dancing on the Beach

Celebrities such as Hedy Lamarr & Greta Garbo flocked to Naples gorgeous white sand beaches to escape the dismal winter seasons of their homes in cold northern climates. That hasn’t changed today; movie stars & ex-presidents all have multi-million dollar winter estate homes in the Port Royal area, at the southern end of town.

• Pros:Long luscious stretch of sand, gorgeous gardens everywhere
  • Cons:$$$$$$$!!!!!
  • In a nutshell:Naples hasn't got a hair out of place!
  • Last visit to Naples: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2004

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Used many of your tips to add to my travel guide. Going to spend January in Naples.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2006 at 5:41 PM

I think we need rap names! What would you like your's to be?

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 8:10 PM

hehehe, nah, I want to be a lazy pussy cat. Where's my Mia Tia?

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2006 at 11:51 AM

You just gotta love Florida, except maybe during hurricane season. Excellent tips on hotels and restaurants. No new pages yet?

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2005 at 7:31 PM

In France we say "See Naples (the European, Italian one!) and die!" Its Floridian counterpart looks very different but the same could apply to it with its glorious sunsets !

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2005 at 3:01 PM

I left my heart in southwest Florida! Lovely pages, great information.

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 3:47 AM

Thanks for visiting my New Caledonia page. Gorgeous sunset photos and a very interesting page!

• ferdnbean's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 8:39 AM

Naples is.... The antithesis ... Of where you is!!! Winter On Wendy! Fondly, Ferd

• mapakettle's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2004 at 11:32 PM

Great information, complete in every way. Only problem was, I thought I was visiting Naples, Italy. I couldn't understand where you found such wonderful accomodation... Pa

• Dec 19, 2004 at 6:52 PM

I guess I need to get out more often. Am 45 minutes from Naples and had no idea about 1/2 the stuff you wrote about. Nice page.

catalysta

“Toto, we're not in Alaska anymore!”

Badges & Stats in Naples