"Isla Damas, a natural reserve" Isla Damas by IIGUANA
Isla Damas Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 30 photos
Isla Damas is located on the shore off Punta de Choros, northern La Serena. It's one of three islands that belongs to the Pingüino de Humboldt National Park.
This island is the only one where you can actually touch, since the other 2 have a lot of animals, and people are not allowed. Animals such as penguins, sea otters, sea lions, sea elephants and dolphins (which I didn't see... I must go again).
The island itself has nothing. Not even water. Only 4 toilets and nothing else. It has 2 beautilful beaches, which are the only must-sees on it, but it's worth the trip. Consider the fact that only 50 people are allowed in the island at the same time, so if you ever want to get to it, you must contact the CONAF people to get permission.
Other than these, the island is beautiful, and it's such a relaxing place.
- Pros:100% relaxation
- Cons:No water on the island
- In a nutshell:Relax and enjoy the view!!!
The best view of the island can be accomplished if you climb the huge rock where the lighthouse stands. It's an easy... more travel advice
From the campsite to the west (take your right at the whalebone), you'll find this beach which is surrounded by sea.... more travel advice
IIGUANA's Related Pages
Isla Damas Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Isla Damas
- Hotels in Isla Damas
- Transportation in Isla Damas
- Restaurants in Isla Damas
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla Damas
- 14 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Isla Damas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Damas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 62 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 39 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Viña del Mar Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Rome Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Damas Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pucón Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues