"The entrance to Cajon del Maipo" San José de Maipo by IIGUANA
San José de Maipo Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 64 photos
This page is not about San Jose de Maipo. It is about what's beneath this small town, Cajon del Maipo. This small canyon is nothing like the Big Canyon or anything, but it has that chilean style, with beautiful lagoons and and incredible view of the Andes.
And the best of all, it's only 1-2 hours from downtown Santiago!!!
- Pros:Fresh air and incredible views
- Cons:None that I can think so
- In a nutshell:The Andes up close
During the winter, the weather can get very cold. When I went up the canyon, there were 7ºC at noon. So bring up warm... more travel advice
This lagoon is not actually a natural lagoon, but anyway, it's quite beautiful. There are 2 other lagoons nearby, which... more travel advice
IIGUANA's Related Pages
San José de Maipo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reserva Nacional El Morado"
- "The entrance to Cajon del Maipo"
- "river rafting in san jose de maipo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San José de Maipo
- Hotels in San José de Maipo
- Transportation in San José de Maipo
- Restaurants in San José de Maipo
- Warnings and Dangers in San José de Maipo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San José de Maipo
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to San José de Maipo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San José de Maipo
Photos in San José de MaipoSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago Intro, 62 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 39 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Viña del Mar Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valparaíso Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Rome Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Damas Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pucón Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues