"Santiago, Chile" Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago by IIGUANA

Santiago Travel Guide: 951 reviews and 2,200 photos

Santiago, Chile's capital

OK. So I'm not a 100% from Santiago. In fact, I wasn't even born here. But I've been living here for the last couple of years, so I know a little bit of this city.
Santiago is huge. Although only 5 million people live here (and some can consider it a regular mid-size city), Santiago's extension is amazing. It can take more than an hour to cross the city from north to south or from east to west.
Like any big city in the world, Santiago has lots to offer. Nice clubs, lots of shopping, and some interesting landmarks makes of Santiago a great city to visit.

• Pros:Has everything someone needs
  • Cons:Smog
  • In a nutshell:A crowded modern city, surrounded by mountains (after a rainy day)
  • Intro Updated Mar 15, 2005

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Yes, my dear, your "Indio Picaro" is obviously, er...."excited" to be in SF!! And why not? SF is such an "arousing" city!! ;-)) I sent you some pics. Can you tell I'm (blushing)? ;-)))

• canaglic's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2008 at 11:40 PM

very nice, I want to go in Santiago :)

• Sep 16, 2008 at 5:53 PM

hola jorge! a fantastic page on santiago, and very helpful for me! i will be here in november to explore this beautiful city. i cannot wait!

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 3:47 AM

Hi! I'll be in Santiago during the first week of September and I'm glad I found your page - great tips on there, I'll make sure to print them out before I leave!

• Apr 25, 2008 at 8:25 PM

There are no yellow buses anymore. The buses are most commonly white and green.

• Joseph69's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Had to go back to check out your Santiago pages again! Seems like a lovely city to visit soon! :) Well done with your fantastic photos! Cheers from Sydney, Joseph.

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2007 at 11:28 PM

Hey, feliz cumpleaños!!!! Y Feliz navidad y año nuevo tambien... espero que estes pasandotela muy bien... saludos!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 11:01 AM

an excellent page & great pics, your city looks really interesting !

• paragianna75's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2007 at 11:01 PM

hello there! great tips about your city, Clile is absolutely in my future trips and Portillo a MUST! :)) greetings from Athens

• mistyluc's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Really enjoyed your pages...really practical tips! Thx

IIGUANA Lives Here!

IIGUANA

“Conversation starts when someone's there to listen...”

Badges & Stats in Santiago

Have you been to Santiago?

Latest Activity in Santiago