"LAGO DI BRAIES" Lago di Bràies by STEFZAMM

Lago di Bràies Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 5 photos

THE PEARL OF THE DOLOMITES

"We left our hotel in Villach and drove to another beautiful Austrian town. Lienz was nice, we spent an amazing morning there, I walked around, I took pictures and I did alot of shopping. Out of the shops and from all of its streets I could see a spectecular sight of the mountains, the Dolomites. Walking through the streets of Lienz, getting closer to the Dolomites we decided to go for a drive along these mountains. In about half an hour we were there, driving around the Dolomites, that nice air, tall trees and beautiful surroundings, until we finally arrived to Lago di Braies."

"The place was packed, too many tourists yet still very peaceful and untouched. We got closer to the lake, some went for a walk all around the place and others preferred to take a rowing boat. Most of the tourists just found a comfortable place on the grass and spent a relaxing afternoon admiring that beauty."

Lago di Braies is the ideal stop between the borders of Austria and Italy, both for a skiing holiday, hiking, mountaineering or just a stop in Bolzano.

Check out my travel tips for more information.

• Pros:Nature at its best.
  • In a nutshell:A Pearl in the Mountains
  • Last visit to Lago di Bràies: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2005

STEFZAMM

“Walk your journey through the World”

Badges & Stats in Lago di Bràies

Have you been to Lago di Bràies?

Latest Activity in Lago di Bràies