"TREVISO" Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso by STEFZAMM

Treviso Travel Guide: 211 reviews and 742 photos

Simply beautiful Treviso

Treviso in the Region of Veneto

I arrived to Treviso by RyanAir, the Treviso airport is very small but quite efficient, in no time we had our luggages and a nice warm welcome by our taxi driver who had a nice big smile, our name printed on a large piece of paper, a nice comfortable mini van and a couple of minutes earlier to accommodate our early arrival.

We drove towards our hotel which is situated very close to the train station. We arrived between 5 to 10 min and immediately started admiring what we could see on the way. Our taxi driver gave us information about Treviso and also took us around the city centre and in a couple of minutes we had a very good idea of the surroundings and how to walk to the main sights the next day. He also reccommended some restaurants mainly a pizzeria which we were lucky to visit that night.

The Hotel was simply perfect for our one night stay in Treviso. Hotel Continental is just opposite the train station, though unlike many other train stations it is still a very nice and safe area. This hotel is a 4 star, check In was done in an instance and the rooms were clean, large and comfortable along with very cheap drinks in the mini bar.

It was around 10:00pm and we decided to leave our luggages in our rooms and head to the centre, in 2 minutes we were right in the city centre, quiet, very quiet but safe. We immediately understood that during the day the centre will be nice and busy with all the shops we saw. We headed to one of the pizzeria that Eride, the taxi driver reccommended - Pizzeria da Pasqualino - no doubt this was the best pizza we had ever tasted! We then walked to Piazza dei Signiori, admired the buildings and the architecture, took some pictures by night and headed to a comfortable sleep at The Continental.

The next morning just like any other dedicated VT member I had a nice list of must sees and things to do which I was ready to visit before we head to Venice.

I found that Treviso is quite small and it is very easy to walk around on foot. Unfortunately many web sites only mention a few things to view, just the very main interesting places so I had enough to see for my morning / half day in Treviso, only then I realized that there is much more to see and would reccommed any traveller on his way to Venice to stop by at Treviso and dedicate at least a full day to visit this city.

I followed this iteniary:
5 - Sede di Benettton
6 - La Loggia dei Cavalieri
7 - Chiesa di San Leonardo
8 - Walk along the river Sile

I managed to cover all of this in one morning, unfortunately I only went inside the Cathedral and the Chiesa of San Leonardo because everywhere else was closed even though I visited during visiting hours and not even the locals knew why these places were closed. I had to accept seeing these places from the outside, read my travel book to find out more about them and hope that my next thing to do will be open for me to see from inside.

We also had time for a coffee in a typical cafe and time for lunch before we headed to the Train station and went to Venice.

Last but not least we also made some shopping in Treviso, most of the shops are top brands and also other shops less expensive. We were lucky to visit in February and found shops still on their January sales and made bargains.

I was very pleased with my visit to Treviso and the mouth watering pizza at Pizzeria Pasqualino made us leave Venice a little earlier on our way back so once again we can treat ourselves to another of their pizza... To our big disappointment this pizzeria was closed at around 2:00pm so carrying our luggages behind us we headed to the next trattoria that we found and again we were happy with our plate of pasta and delighted we were in Treviso once again.

I reccommend Treviso to any traveller visiting the region of Veneto, in a nutshell it is a small beautiful city where you can comfortably walk around, envy its beauty, learn about its history, meet the very nice and helpful locals, enjoy their food in a safe environment away from the buzzing tourists, where one can relax before heading to another city, by car or by train and plane, both train station and airport being a few minutes away.

Enjoy Treviso !

Special thanks to VT members Suvanki and Trekki who have helped me in organizing my visit to Treviso with their detailed e-mails and lovely words.

• Pros:Beautiful scenery, walking distance, good food, nice people.
  • Cons:Most of the interesting places are not open for visitors.
  • In a nutshell:Another Italian Jewel...
  • Last visit to Treviso: Feb 2009
  • Intro Updated Mar 4, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2010 at 1:19 PM

You look like you had a great time in this town. Our short trip was not enough when we visited. You have done a very good job of comments and the photos are good.

• Jun 4, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Just wandering, did they speak English at that pizzeria?

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Great tips and photos! Thanks for my name check mention on your Intro!I really appreciate it! I'm glad that you enjoyed Treviso! It's sometimes a gamble advising others about a place that you've enjoyed, that they might not feel the same. Sue x

STEFZAMM

“Walk your journey through the World”

Badges & Stats in Treviso

Have you been to Treviso?

Latest Activity in Treviso