"Chiang Mai Trip 2005: Wed 4th May - Sun 8th May" Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai by DarkRay
Chiang Mai Travel Guide: 1,869 reviews and 4,706 photos
The introduction of budget airlines in Singapore opens up a whole new possibilities for short trips out of the country.
In February 2005, Tiger Airways, the budget carrier operated by Singapore Airlines, started flying to Chiang Mai, also known popularly as "Rose of the North" in Thailand.
Surrounded by rich tapestries of histories, traditions, and legends, Chiang Mai is both the second largest city in Thailand as well as home to the many indigenous hill tribes in Thailand.
So, in April 2005, when Tiger Airways launched a special promotion to all their destinations from only S$9.98 one way, I took full advantage of the offers and was surprised to have actually managed a pair of return tickets at this super low fare each way. Thus, well it is time to go to Chiang Mai then! :-)
- Pros:Beautiful landscapes and friendly people
- Cons:Highly commercialized
- In a nutshell:I will be returning soon
Most outside the city moat in Chiang Mai charge on average about 1 baht per minute, or 30 ~ 60 baht per hour for... more travel advice
When you embark on an elephant ride in Mae Taeng Elephant Park, you will actually stop at this fake "Lisu Village" where... more travel advice
DarkRay's Related Pages
Chiang Mai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISITING COUNTRY THAILAND - CHIANG MAI"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai Trip 2005: Wed 4th May - Sun 8th May"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Jungle Trek and Elephant Ride in Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai - Great Base for Trekking"
- "C H I A N G M A I"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Mai
- Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Transportation in Chiang Mai
- Nightlife in Chiang Mai
- Restaurants in Chiang Mai
- Shopping in Chiang Mai
- Warnings and Dangers in Chiang Mai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiang Mai
- 31 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 54 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Chiang Mai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Mai
- Posted in Travel Singapore Forum "Re: Markets!"
- Commented on one of aussiejen's Chiang Mai travel pages
- updated a Chiang Mai Travelogue "Journey to the Simon's Dream"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enjoying the San Kamphaeng Hot Springs"
- Wrote a Review Cheap Internet Services about City activites and events in Chiang Mai Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai Intro, 31 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 18 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pulau Bintan Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Christchurch Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fiordland National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos