"Krabi Trip 2003: Fri 31st Oct - Mon 3rd Nov" Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi by DarkRay

Krabi Travel Guide: 823 reviews and 2,298 photos

I spent an amazing 4 days and 3 nights in the various beaches and beach towns of Krabi. It was a very welcomed holiday for me as due to work commitments, I had not travelled out of Singapore for over 2 years.

I had initially chosen Krabi due to its near proximty to Singapore, as unfortunately again due to my work commitments, I could only spare 4 days for this much needed vacation. I also loved the fact that the flight time was only a short 90 minutes as I hate long flights since I view them as a waste of time ;-)

I left from Singapore's Changi Airport for Krabi by SilkAir's flight MI732 at 7.30am (Singapore time) in the morning, and reach Krabi Airport at 8.15am (Krabi time). Once I reached Krabi, my perception of it as just a "nearby destination" changed, and I realised that even if it takes a whole day to fly over there, I will do it again.

I like kayaking a lot and the opportunity to paddle around at one of the most beautiful beach destination in Asia had been a fantastic experience for me. I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Krabi.

Too bad, time really flies when one is having fun and it felt kind of sad when I had to come back to Singapore. I took SIlkAir's flight MI735, which departed from Krabi Airport at 5.35pm and touched down in Singapore somewhat earlier than expected at 8.10pm.

My friend, Woon, and I loved kayaking and we kayaked in Krabi during our first and third day there. The most enjoyable one was an impromptu self-organised evening kayaking trip from Railay West Beach to Phra Nang Beach.

The picture shown was taken by a fellow Singapore couple (Claudine & Alex) we had met during our half-day kayaking trip to Ao Thalen on the afternoon of our first day in Krabi. Ao Thalen is considered as the most beautiful mangrove forrest and canyon in Krabi.

We took Nosey Parker's 2-hours Elephant Trekking Trip (750 baht), which was fun! The actual elephant ride was only about an hour but you do not need more than that. The rest of the time was spent taking a short trip through the wilderness, feeding the elephants, and chatting with their very friendly guides.

(The photo shown was of an Norweigian couple on their honeymoon in Thailand, who were just right in front of us)

• Pros:Krabi has a lot of beautiful beaches which offer some really amazing scenes of sunrise and sunset. The locals here are very friendly too!
  • Cons:A bit "touristy", especially in Ao Nang. There's actually more than 10 pizzarias and even a McDoland's there! Things are quite a bit more expensive here than in Bangkok too.
  • In a nutshell:Is definitely a place which I want to go back very soon.
  • Last visit to Krabi: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2003

• Jan 10, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I'm heading to Krabi soon and I love animals, especially elephants, and truly believe there are humane ways to work elephants. How are the elephants treated at this park? Do the mahouts use hooks on the end of sticks to try and control the elephants?

• Nov 30, 2008 at 1:41 PM

That's such a cute idea! Great thinking and what a funny and memorable activity especially for the little ones too.

• harivansha's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Thank you for the well worth it information on your site abt Krabi. By the way, im from your neighbour country. If you dropping by, holler!

• Jan 24, 2008 at 5:29 AM

How far is Krabi from Bangkok? What is the best way! Hope to be here next time!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 2:16 AM

Great tips and photos of Krabi, this will be one of the top choices for my next beach holiday (hopefully soon)!

• Homanded's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 8:12 AM

Great page Ray, I loved this part of Thailand!

• Apr 1, 2007 at 2:40 AM

Another lovely page from you, well done, very enjoyable.

• flying_dolphin7's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2006 at 5:52 AM

Very beautiful sunset and great tips in Krabi, i probably plans my next trip then.. good job. :)Thanks. Christine

• doreeny's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2006 at 1:39 AM

Will be heading to Krabi and staying at Vogue Pranang Bay Resort & Spa in a couple of weeks time. Your tips are really helpful! Many thanks!

• icyjo24's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2005 at 10:31 AM

I went Phi Phi and some other islands on my recent trip too.... Nice pictures..

DarkRay

“Powered by Minimum 70% Cocoa ™”

Badges & Stats in Krabi