"Krabi Trip 2003: Fri 31st Oct - Mon 3rd Nov" Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi by DarkRay
Krabi Travel Guide: 823 reviews and 2,298 photos
I spent an amazing 4 days and 3 nights in the various beaches and beach towns of Krabi. It was a very welcomed holiday for me as due to work commitments, I had not travelled out of Singapore for over 2 years.
I had initially chosen Krabi due to its near proximty to Singapore, as unfortunately again due to my work commitments, I could only spare 4 days for this much needed vacation. I also loved the fact that the flight time was only a short 90 minutes as I hate long flights since I view them as a waste of time ;-)
I left from Singapore's Changi Airport for Krabi by SilkAir's flight MI732 at 7.30am (Singapore time) in the morning, and reach Krabi Airport at 8.15am (Krabi time). Once I reached Krabi, my perception of it as just a "nearby destination" changed, and I realised that even if it takes a whole day to fly over there, I will do it again.
I like kayaking a lot and the opportunity to paddle around at one of the most beautiful beach destination in Asia had been a fantastic experience for me. I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Krabi.
Too bad, time really flies when one is having fun and it felt kind of sad when I had to come back to Singapore. I took SIlkAir's flight MI735, which departed from Krabi Airport at 5.35pm and touched down in Singapore somewhat earlier than expected at 8.10pm.
My friend, Woon, and I loved kayaking and we kayaked in Krabi during our first and third day there. The most enjoyable one was an impromptu self-organised evening kayaking trip from Railay West Beach to Phra Nang Beach.
The picture shown was taken by a fellow Singapore couple (Claudine & Alex) we had met during our half-day kayaking trip to Ao Thalen on the afternoon of our first day in Krabi. Ao Thalen is considered as the most beautiful mangrove forrest and canyon in Krabi.
We took Nosey Parker's 2-hours Elephant Trekking Trip (750 baht), which was fun! The actual elephant ride was only about an hour but you do not need more than that. The rest of the time was spent taking a short trip through the wilderness, feeding the elephants, and chatting with their very friendly guides.
(The photo shown was of an Norweigian couple on their honeymoon in Thailand, who were just right in front of us)
- Pros:Krabi has a lot of beautiful beaches which offer some really amazing scenes of sunrise and sunset. The locals here are very friendly too!
- Cons:A bit "touristy", especially in Ao Nang. There's actually more than 10 pizzarias and even a McDoland's there! Things are quite a bit more expensive here than in Bangkok too.
- In a nutshell:Is definitely a place which I want to go back very soon.
Caution: Due to the manner in which the elephants are being trained, some visitors will be very against this... more travel advice
Whether it is cutting through the mangroves in Ao Thalen, or navigating around an island in the open sea, kakaking can... more travel advice
- See All Tuning Out the Crowd....
- Get the Free Tourist Map of Krabi
- Gift Prices In Ao Nang
- See All The Food Is Great In Railay West Beach...
DarkRay's Related Pages
Krabi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Krabi Vicinity"
- "I haven't been somewhere more Tropical than Krabi!"
- "Krabi Trip 2003: Fri 31st Oct - Mon 3rd Nov"
- "Limestone Outcrop in Krabi"
- "KRABI...one step closer to paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krabi
- Hotels in Krabi
- Transportation in Krabi
- Nightlife in Krabi
- Restaurants in Krabi
- Shopping in Krabi
- Warnings and Dangers in Krabi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krabi
- 18 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 47 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Krabi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krabi
Photos in KrabiSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai Intro, 31 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 18 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pulau Bintan Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Batam Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Christchurch Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fiordland National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos