"Foot of the Mountain" Kawaguchi-ko by maverick-mw
Kawaguchi-ko Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 45 photos
Kawaguchi-ko is the most popular starting point for hiking up the famous Mt Fuji. However, the vast majority of people get the bus to the "5th Station", which is about two thirds of the way up already!
I would recommend to anyone who is reasonably adventurous to walk all the way from the town itself. It *only* took me and a friend 12 hours, and that was with plenty of photo stops.
Reaching the summit is much more satisfying knowing you've done the full distance.
About 5 stops on the train line out of Kawaguchi-ko is the Mitsutoge stop. From here, if you follow signs to the "Green... more travel advice
maverick-mw's Related Pages
Kawaguchi-ko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One Of Lake Around Mt. Fuji"
- "KAWAGUCHIKO - Mt. Fuji view"
- "Foot of the Mountain"
- "Beautiful lake"
- "Beautiful Lakes around Mount Fuji"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kawaguchi-ko
- Hotels in Kawaguchi-ko
- Transportation in Kawaguchi-ko
- Nightlife in Kawaguchi-ko
- Restaurants in Kawaguchi-ko
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kawaguchi-ko
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kawaguchi-ko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kawaguchi-ko
Top 10 Pages
- Interlaken Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castleton Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Nikko Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Redwood National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Hood River Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Kawaguchi-ko Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Wenzhou 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.