"Japan, My Friends, Our Trip...." Top 5 Page for this destination Japan by PolishChick

Japan Travel Guide: 21,234 reviews and 61,333 photos

It was our random decision to become exchange students at the same time.

It was somebody`s we don`t know random decision to place us all in Wisconsin, so close to each other.

It really surprises me how random decisions can make friends forever. They did. From 3 different continents, speaking 3 different languages, having grown in 3 totally different cultures- we`re the greatest friends who decided to visit each other`s countries and see each other there each year.

Summer 2004 was the first year and the time for Japan!!! It was the greatest summer of my life and I cannot start describing how much fun I had and how wonderful that trip was!!!!

I joined VT when I started researching about Japan and had tons of questions and no answers. I found some awesome people here who had travelled there and were willing to share some really useful info. Now I feel it`s time for me to contribute, explain and guide as well, since I know quite a bit. So if you have any questions, don`t be afraid to ask. I`ll be building this page slowly to help make your trip to Japan as awesome as mine was!!! :)

ARIGATO!!!! :)

• Pros:It`s different, it`s exciting, it`s everything you want!!!
  • In a nutshell:It`s the only country I`ve visited so far and can honestly say everyone should visit once in a lifetime!!!
  • Last visit to Japan: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 16, 2004

• Sep 9, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Hi Polish girl your remarks and stories are great i was laughing so hard, I'm a big fan of Japanese culture, but never been there, is there a way we can communicate i will like to know more about you my e-mail is rayoveloz@yahoo.com name Carlos

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Hello, Dorota! Great pages you have here and ~ lots of nice travels! ~ Good luck in the future!

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Nice to meet you, lovely Dorota. Impressive page. Greetings from Jerusalem!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2008 at 1:46 PM

your Mt Fuji photo with cherry-trees is superb. I have never taken such a good photo.

• Wakeup099's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Here is my photo link for Miyajima, what a wonderful place. Enjoyed your page, thx. ringo.com/photos/album.html?...

• hamgu77's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Hello, I m going to Japan too this end of March.. i like the photo you took-Mt Fuji one with the sakura :) You climbed the MT fuji!! my hubby n me only intend to go up to the 5th station. oh..cant wait for march to come !! hah!

• BLUENOSEBEAR's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 11:00 AM

hi Dorita I am going to Japan in August,after reading your pages I can't wait,keep on travellin ;-) the bear

• Sep 17, 2006 at 7:45 AM

lovely page! Nikos

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 7:37 AM

Great Japan pages. Its one of my favourite countries. Loved the comments about the toilets!

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 11:04 PM

Hi Dorota and thanks for sharing your great tips with super photos and insightful articles! I especially enjoyed your tips on eating manners... very informative! Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

PolishChick