"WASHINGTON STATE" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State by PolishChick
Washington State Travel Guide: 7,903 reviews and 22,386 photos
Family trips are awesome. And if you go on one with an awesome host family they turn out to be even more awesome than just awesome (forgive me, as u can see quite clearly, awesome is one of my favourite English words :-). My last host family (which was awesome... haha) and I went on a trip to Washington State right before I had to leave the US and it was just awesome!!!!! (Ok, I`ll try to stop myself ;-). Washington State, as most of you know, is on the west coast of the US and it`s a great state to go on vacation to. Just take a look at my pics!!!
I bet there are a lot of wicked places to see in Washington State, but beacause we just went on a trip there we couldn`t see all of them. However, the places we saw were just awesome and those are the ones I`m going to write about. So let me introduce the key points of our trip to you:
1) MOUNT RAINIER- This is the mountain you can easily see from Seattle, but it`s really worth seeing from close by and taking a couple of hikes there. Even if you`re not so fit you will find a hike just for you there. And the views....you will hear me talk a lot about them, cause they are simply AWESOME!!!!
2) MOUNT ST. HELENS- This is the vulcano that errupted in the 80s destroying a lot of forest, roads and some houses. You can still see burnt trees and burren soil on your way there, which is quite a thrill. When you get there you`ll see a museum where you can see a great video about the last errupton and a marvelous view. The scary part is thar nodody knows when it will errupt again....
3) THE RAIN FOREST- When I heard they have a rain forest in Washington State I was more like "Yeah, probably a bunch of bigger threes and that`s all". But it is for real!!!! The threes are just immense and you feel like you`re walking in the jungle. Plus, I got to hear my first howdy there, so it`s worth going! ;-)
4) SEATTLE- Every foreigner knows "Sleepless in Seattle" before finding out where Seattle really is. That`s the way it was with me and I was really glad to see the city of this awesome movie. The city is just great and worth a visit!
- Pros:"So much to see!"
- Cons:"Never enough time to see it all....."
- In a nutshell:"Let`s go- NOW!"
You can see this beautiful mountain from Seattle but it`s so worth taking a day or two to hike and just relax watching... more travel advice
The glacier is the fun part, getting to see it is a bit harder!!! It was a 2-3 hours hike and along with getting all... more travel advice
PolishChick's Related Pages
Washington State Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Washington, the Northwestern Corner of the US"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Washington State: Terrainius Maximus"
- "WASHINGTON STATE"
- "High Desert and Heavy Rain: depends on where"
- "marko727's new Washington Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington State
- Hotels in Washington State
- Transportation in Washington State
- Nightlife in Washington State
- Restaurants in Washington State
- Shopping in Washington State
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington State
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington State
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Washington State?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington State
Photos in Washington StateSee All Photos (9)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 73 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 44 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos