"WASHINGTON STATE" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State by PolishChick

Washington State Travel Guide: 7,640 reviews and 20,894 photos

UNDER CONSTRUCTION :-)

Family trips are awesome. And if you go on one with an awesome host family they turn out to be even more awesome than just awesome (forgive me, as u can see quite clearly, awesome is one of my favourite English words :-). My last host family (which was awesome... haha) and I went on a trip to Washington State right before I had to leave the US and it was just awesome!!!!! (Ok, I`ll try to stop myself ;-). Washington State, as most of you know, is on the west coast of the US and it`s a great state to go on vacation to. Just take a look at my pics!!!

I bet there are a lot of wicked places to see in Washington State, but beacause we just went on a trip there we couldn`t see all of them. However, the places we saw were just awesome and those are the ones I`m going to write about. So let me introduce the key points of our trip to you:

1) MOUNT RAINIER- This is the mountain you can easily see from Seattle, but it`s really worth seeing from close by and taking a couple of hikes there. Even if you`re not so fit you will find a hike just for you there. And the views....you will hear me talk a lot about them, cause they are simply AWESOME!!!!

2) MOUNT ST. HELENS- This is the vulcano that errupted in the 80s destroying a lot of forest, roads and some houses. You can still see burnt trees and burren soil on your way there, which is quite a thrill. When you get there you`ll see a museum where you can see a great video about the last errupton and a marvelous view. The scary part is thar nodody knows when it will errupt again....

3) THE RAIN FOREST- When I heard they have a rain forest in Washington State I was more like "Yeah, probably a bunch of bigger threes and that`s all". But it is for real!!!! The threes are just immense and you feel like you`re walking in the jungle. Plus, I got to hear my first howdy there, so it`s worth going! ;-)

4) SEATTLE- Every foreigner knows "Sleepless in Seattle" before finding out where Seattle really is. That`s the way it was with me and I was really glad to see the city of this awesome movie. The city is just great and worth a visit!

• Pros:"So much to see!"
  • Cons:"Never enough time to see it all....."
  • In a nutshell:"Let`s go- NOW!"
  • Last visit to Washington State: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 25, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2008 at 5:38 AM

I agree with you, Dorota, the views are truly majestic! You've been lucky to be there...Thanks for your words of support! Greetings to PL from UA!

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 1:39 AM

LOL! Sounds like you had fun! Great photo's! Blu

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2005 at 2:04 PM

Fantastic views of Rainer!

• Cruefan's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 7:06 AM

Great pics, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Mt. Ranier. I was there about 15 years ago and I can't wait to go back.

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 9:56 AM

good pics of Mount Rainier. We reccomend Canada for a visit, our favorite cities are Halifax, Quebec and Calgary, though all places are nice. Safe travels from travelling Canadians!

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2005 at 12:18 AM

a kind of american dream , to have a ranch in the mountains

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 7:56 AM

Wonderful page and mountains! Great memories for me...

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2005 at 10:13 AM

Looks like you had a blast in the US! Nice page!

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2005 at 3:21 PM

Very interesting Washington page, thanks for sharing. Regards.

• alycat's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2004 at 11:35 AM

I hope to be there!!

PolishChick

“AWESOME!!!!!”

Badges & Stats in Washington State

Have you been to Washington State?

Latest Activity in Washington State