"Expedition to find Sri Lankas original Settlers" Sri Lanka by GeoExped
Sri Lanka Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 183 photos
The Wanniya Lett or "Vedda" as they are more commonly known have lived in the same way for centuries however as the population of Sri Lanka increases and tourism also, the Vedda are being pegged back and the light that rightfully belongs to them is being turned into National parks and other tourist attractions.......... To read about our expedition and see the photos go to www.geographic-expeditions.com
- Pros:Staying with the Vedda meant I had the chance to witness a free-flowing existance unburdened by the restaraint of technological Hype
- Cons:I couldn't say the same about the rest of the Sri Lankan community
- In a nutshell:A life changing experience.
It might seem a little strange that I've put up a picture of this board instead of a picture of any animals, but... more travel advice
GeoExped's Related Pages
Sri Lanka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sri Lanka"
- "Sri Lanka - a 3 week guide"
- "Under construction, please be patient."
- "Our short tropical getaway"
- "Expedition to find Sri Lankas original Settlers"
- "Sri Lanka revisted"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sri Lanka
- Hotels in Sri Lanka
- Transportation in Sri Lanka
- Restaurants in Sri Lanka
- Shopping in Sri Lanka
- Warnings and Dangers in Sri Lanka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sri Lanka
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Sri Lanka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Negombo Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Chiang Rai Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Tachilek Intro, 1 review, 1 photo