"An Evening at a Family from Lifou" Lifou by drmjalba

Lifou Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 26 photos

Jeannette

The Manhattan Agency of Air Caledonia from Noumea was on strike, so that I took the number 2 blue line bus to go to their agency from Magenta airport, an airport used only for internal flights. There, I met Jeannette, a very capable sales agent, who issued my chap chap tickets for internal flights in New Caledonia. She was very kind: she made the reservations even without a piece of identity and she told me to bring the document the next morning, before my first flight. I decided to bring the document during the afternoon instead; she completed the paperwork the same afternoon. For one of my destinations the plane was full, so that she told me to stay after schedule with her for the chance that someone would cancel, and this happy event happened. When we left, it was six hours and half in the evening, so that I crossed the street for the last number 2 blue line bus to go to hotel. After one hour, no bus came, so that I crossed the street back, to look for a taxi in the airport. It happened to cross just in front of Jeannette's car, who was traveling home. She stopped and, kindly, offered me a free ride to the hotel. On the way to my hotel, she presented me her parents, who traveled with her in the car and told me that they live on Lifou island, the place where she was born. I will visit them on Lifou, I exclaimed.

The Lifou Family

The parents of Jeannette live in the tribe of Kirinata, very close to Sama Discovery.
The Halune Family:.......... French first name: ..........................Tribe:
Halune Sienë........................ Ferrand.................................... Kirinata
Halune Wassonë.................. Jeanne..................................... Kirinata
Halune Sessëhnie................. Marie....................................... Kirinata
Wadria Inane........................ Océane (la fille de Jeannette)..... Druelu

Jus de Coco
Sel and Poivre

• Last visit to Lifou: May 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2009

Comments

drmjalba

“Carpe Diem”