"Paris - from a Londoners perspective" Paris by Muarrij
Paris Travel Guide: 22,200 reviews and 54,008 photos
Hello and welcome to my Paris pages. My tips on Paris are not the standard touristy tips, I have tried to make them unique! I have especially mentioned those places that would appeal to vegetarian and halal/kosher customers and single travellers; hotels that are safe for all and those that are not. I have been critical on services from restaurants and hotels.
Paris is one of the most delightful cities I have visted. If you live in Paris you will love it, as a tourist my experience was a little different.
I found out, in my first trip to Paris back in 2002 the people seemed to be a little reserved and slightly unaccomodating. I soon learnt that this was due to the language barrier. When I returned in 2006 I spoke more French and as a consequence the response from Parisians was amazing.
My advice to anyone would be to learn just a few simple words and phrases, it makes all the difference and shows that you are trying to fit into their culture. Paris is a big place and so its recommended that you outline where you want to go and tackle things to see and do - district by district (arrondisement).
- Pros:Beautiful, compact, charming, delightful and loveable
- Cons:Like London, traffic can be problematic, expensive too.
- In a nutshell:Paris is my 2nd favourite European city!
The Modern Hotel, isnt quite modern but it certainly is located conveniently. The rooms are fair sized for the price and... more travel advice
Buried behind the busy Rue St.Denis, just of Rue St.Sebastapol is the areas official Mosque. I stumbled across this by... more travel advice
- See All Around Paris on Train
- See All Superb Crepes Cafe
- See All Get your hair cut!
Muarrij's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 52 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 52 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockton-on-Tees Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mecca Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Puteaux Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Mina Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cleveland 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Manchester 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Jersey Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Balladins Superior Boulogne-Billancourt
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Le Patio Brancion
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Hotel Cluny Square
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 8, 2013
- Hotel Du Parc - Logis De France
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 15, 2012
- Alfa Hotel Nation
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Abbatial Saint Germain
- 573 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Emeraude Hotel Madeleine Plaza
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Mouffetard-Latin
- 179 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Hotel des Voyageurs
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Holiday Inn Paris-Notre Dame
- 454 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Ibis Paris La Villette 19
- 105 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Cite Bergere
- 1 Review & Opinion