"Puteaux, La Defensé's little brother..." Puteaux by Muarrij
Puteaux Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 63 photos
Like many small towns in France, Puteaux puts on a Christmas show for its residents and visitors alike. These wonderful polar bears looked amazing just in front of the town hall on the lead up to XMAS. There are also the usual XMAS trees, lights and decorations everywhere.
Nice safe residential area extremely close to the business district. Known as Puteaux it accomodates the famous La Defense business area.
It has everything, town hall, shops, restaurants, lots of hotels, boutiques, train and metro stations, parks, Churches, Synagogues and Mosques!
It also has some lovely small parks and great views of La Defense skyscrapers.
The tax revenue of La Défense makes Puteaux one of the richest communes of France. Puteaux receives forty million euros per year coming from the companies within the district alone. Puteaux does not have a debt and its financial reserves, placed in Treasury bills, brings back each year ten million euros only in interest. The budget of Puteaux can thus exceed 200 million euros (reference 2005), for only 42.000 inhabitants.
The famous and charitable Rothschild family currently have large stakes in Puteaux and the financial area of La Defense.
There are a number of nice purpose built Churches and Synagogues in Puteaux area. However there are only a couple of small mosques and because of this sometimes the worshippers are forced to overflow in to the streets. This is probably a pain for the locals, but I was told they have got used to it.
I was also informed that there are plans to expand the main mosque in Puteaux. This is La Defenses nearest Mosque.
- Pros:Friendly Neighbourhood, Good Restaurants, Clean & Safe
- Cons:Metro service is La Defense Esplanade, Traffic Wardens
- In a nutshell:I love little Puteaux, great place to live if you work in La Defense.
Half of La Defense is actually part of Puteaux. This is the commerical district of outer Paris and is where all the big... more travel advice
A modern looking building in the heart of Puteaux, one of many Synagogues dotted around Paris. The architecture is... more travel advice
Muarrij's Related Pages
Puteaux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visiting the Arch of La Defense"
- "When in Paris, stay in Puteaux"
- "Puteaux, La Defensé's little brother..."
- "Puteaux - La Défense"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puteaux
- Hotels in Puteaux
- Transportation in Puteaux
- Nightlife in Puteaux
- Restaurants in Puteaux
- Shopping in Puteaux
- Warnings and Dangers in Puteaux
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puteaux
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Puteaux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puteaux
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 52 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockton-on-Tees Intro, 30 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mecca Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Puteaux Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Mina Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Lahore Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Cleveland 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Manchester 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Jersey Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos