"Atlantic City" Atlantic City by ines2003
Atlantic City Travel Guide: 505 reviews and 1,033 photos
The casinos are Trump Taj Mahal, Borgata, Harrah's, Hilton, Bally’s Atlantic City , Caesars Atlantic City , Harrah’s , Resorts, Showboat The Mardi Gras, Tropicana Casino, Trump Marina Casino.
With a population of only forty-one thousand, Atlantic City is a bustling yet uncrowded city. Founded in the last years of the 18th century, the city has been on an upward trajectory of growth and popularity ever since. the climate is gtood Additionally, the location couldn't be better. A short drive from the skyscrapers of New York and the bustle of Philadelphia, Atlantic City is anything but inconvenient.
The city has benefited greatly from its fortunate combination of climate and convenience, and since the development of a popular resort in the 1850's, the word has been spreading like wildfire: Atlantic City is a wonderful place to visit. From boxing, to boats, to baccarat, there is something for everyone.
Atlantic City began its course to becoming "the showplace of the nation" early on. In the middle of the 19th century, Dr. Jonathan Pitney, sensing the potential popularity of the area, organized a group of investors and began construction of a public bath and resort. To supply visitors, they also chartered a railroad from Camden, just outside of Philadelphia. As predicted, the resort was a hit. Guests flocked in, and by the 1930's, Atlantic City had grown from a single resort and a few assorted shops into the venue for the Miss America Pageant and performances by world-class acts like Frank Sinatra, Benny Goodman, and Duke Ellington.
Atlantic City faced its biggest challenge during the middle of the 20th century. As airplane travel became more affordable and popular, families began to travel farther to spend their vacation time. Atlantic City suffered through a slump from the end of World War II through the late 1970's. Undaunted, city officials envisioned a plan to revitalize Atlantic City and transform it once again into a fantastic destination. In a controversial decision, voters decided to allow casino gambling in an effort to revitalize the city.
Arrive at the city from nyc, of the estacion central of tiems square, the buses leave each while and almost all you gave them habia promotions to Atlantic city. paying the ticket departure and return, they gave you 30 dolares to play in some of the casinos that had covenants. You can play changing the voucher in them plot swallows currencies, because in the roulettes the bets in general are of 10 dolares on.
The trip is 2 hours and they leave you in the terminal that this next to all the casinos of Atlantic city. The schedule but spectacular is to travel from night, by the lights that offers the zone, all the hotels and casinos visionaries.
- Pros:light, glamour, fashion, money, beauty, luxury, love
- Cons:all is for one night and if you have money...
- In a nutshell:atlantic city representation the good and bad part of the life
ines2003's Related Pages
Atlantic City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Atlantic City, New Jersey"
- "Welcome to Atlantic City, NJ"
- "I'm all in BABY!"
- "Always Turned On"
- "It's my city by the sea."
- "Casino city slowly evolving into resort town"
- "Atlantic City: The Sin City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Atlantic City
- Hotels in Atlantic City
- Transportation in Atlantic City
- Nightlife in Atlantic City
- Restaurants in Atlantic City
- Shopping in Atlantic City
- Warnings and Dangers in Atlantic City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Atlantic City
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Atlantic City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atlantic City
Photos in Atlantic CitySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 50 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montevideo Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos
- Colonia del Sacramento Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos
- Santos Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Porto Alegre Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mar del Plata Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Vitória Intro, 11 reviews, 36 photos
- Loriol-sur-Drôme Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Brasil Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos