"Like a deer in the headlights...." swings's Profile
Does anyone else ever wonder what to write?
Well, I got back from Cairo three days ago, and now I have to hustle to finish taxes and get packed for two months in Christchurch. Hubby will be working there, and we'll also be visiting China for a week, plus visiting Australia, briefly. Guess I'd better get a handle on the weather in Chch, as this Florida gal hasn't been in winter for a long time!
Wow.... I can hardly believe the time has again arrived when I'll be travelling to Egypt, my second country! There are so many important things that will be happening on this trip. It seems like I say that for each trip that I make, but it's true: each trip is so different from the previous ones!
Hopefully this time I'll get to meet a few of you out there!
Lest there be some confusion about my VT name, the name I wanted was "wing", but that was taken, they said.... And then I tried to add an "s" onto the end to become "wings", but that was taken, they said..... So I added an "s" onto the front of that! Not a great name; really sort of an unfortunate name at that, and I need to put up a picture of some swings in the park, which was what I was thinking about at the time.... They say it's impossible to change names! Waaaah!
This year I've had the wonderful opportunity to learn much more about fly fishing, which has become my latest addiction. I joined a club of women anglers, and we spent a heavenly week in Idaho fishing on the Salmon River, Silver Creek, Henry's Fork and the South Fork of the Snake River.
This was one of my biggest fish, caught in Sullivan Slough in Silver Creek. I caught about 8 or 9 fish that day, but I didn't land all of them. Two of them got away, and I tell you, they must have each been about 12 feet long!
E-Tractions has updated this fun snowglobe for several years, now, so why don't you give it a shake and see what happens?: Snowglobe
This is the chimney swift which spent the entire winter of 2005-6 perched on my tiny window ledge outside the front door. He should have been wintering in Chile or some such faaaaar south place, and shortly after taking this picture (fortunately in springtime), he left, never to return. I think he rejoined the returning swifts and is perching in a more sheltered place now.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Nov 23, 2005
Hurricane in Inland Florida- My Experience
Written Apr 14, 2007
Spring in Coogee, NSW
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 58 Reviews
- 159 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on 8thWonderFijiTrip's profile page
- swings and SONG are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Ethnic Groups in Christchurch in Christchurch Favorites
- Posted in Travel Forum "Weather/clothing concerns"
updated their Personal Page "Spring in Coogee, NSW"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Like a deer in the headlights...."
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "When I think of Amsterdam, I think of..."
PhotosSee All Photos (159)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bondi Beach Intro, 3 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Robertson Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beirut Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Orlando 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wollongong 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiama Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos