"Dream it - Live it" demox's Profile

The Island or Where I Live

I currently live in a small town called Comox on Vancouver Island. This is the place to be if you like the outdoors as the weather is moderate most of the year and we are only minutes drive to the mountains for skiing in winter (where I can never decide on xcountry or downhill, both are so much fun) or hiking in the summer.

Right in the town is a river that you can swim in or have a wonderfully lazy float down on an inner tube on those hot summer days. Comox is on a penninsula so there are many excellent beaches nearby for swimming, tanning or beachcombing. Since I have lived there for six years now I have collected many shell and rock "treasures". There are also a few really clear cool lakes in the area for a refreshing dip or even fishing.

I commute to another city about an hour away, Nanaimo, for work. There I stay at an rv park on a lake. This lake is nice but I tend towards the pool instead, which is warmer. Nanaimo is a pretty nice city, certainly with lots of good shopping malls.

I used to live in VIctoria, also on Vancouver Island and about 2 1/2 hrs south of Comox. There is tons of stuff to do in Victoria, beaches, great hotels and restaurants, golf, shopping, and of course sightseeing. I have family still there so go visiting about once a month.

Thats my island in a nutshell, there is of course so much more but it is impossible to describe it all.

Sadly, we are moving from our island to the big city of Calgary. Hopefully we will love it there - so many people tell me it is a great city to live in. Strange thing is they all live here now???The adventure continues.......

The Puppy

We recently had a new addition to our family, a cuddly brittany pup. Little did we know she would take over our lives. I have found it to be true that once the kids have left home you start treating your pets as your children. I have to stop myself regularly from doing just that.

The Cruise

For our vacation last year we were having a hard time deciding between a cruise or a land vacation to Mexico. We decided to combine them and go on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I'd like to say it was the perfect vacation but it rained the entire week. Although we got off the ship at Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas (it was too rough to dock at Mazatlan) it poured so hard that we had to wade across streets and hide out in stores that were leaking like sieves. So we havent seen anything at all of Mexico to date. The cruise however was nice, all that could be expected (other than the sun). It was definately the most relaxing trip we have ever been on.

• Intro Updated Jul 21, 2004

• kopwint's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2009 at 9:50 PM

happy and free in your days...., so wish you get healthy and harmony, get success and smart, and get peace and cool in your great Birthday, from BURMA

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 7:15 AM

HI De - strange to read that you had RAIN while in Cabo San Lucas!!?? I live near there and it only rains during hurricane season usually, except for a really occasional weird day sometimes in January! Sorry you caught that.

• mturkkan's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2006 at 12:31 PM

Happy Birthday

• Dec 24, 2004 at 10:24 AM

De- Hope your Christmas is wonderful and your New Year will bring you everything you wish. Charles and Nathalie

• Aug 27, 2004 at 12:07 PM

Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day. Enjoy your special day. Greetings from Islamabad ~ Najam...

• doreenellen's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 8:11 AM

Very happy Birthday fellow Virgo. Will be in your part of the world in Oct so lovely to read your page - more pics please on where you live

• much2do's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 7:52 AM

Wishing you a very happy birthday and many more to come. Treat yourself

• Breen's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 5:21 AM

Happy Birthday! Greetings from Ottawa!

• Aug 26, 2004 at 6:43 PM

Happy Birthday!!! :) Smiles from Sydney

• Apr 28, 2004 at 9:28 PM

De awaiting your pages.....

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
demox's Profile Photo

demox

“Ready, set, GO”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.