"Been There, Done That, Got My Passport Stamped!" mdfloyd322's Profile

Travel Curriculum Vitae for Marvin Floyd

I've been very blessed in my life. I have been able to travel extensively on business and have taken many interesting vacations and missions trips as well.

So far I've been on all the continents except Antarctica, including 55 countries, and 46 of the United States.

I've lived in several states, in addition to many short-term assignments around the USA and world.

I have worked in various aspects of the travel industry most of my life, with a detour into computer consulting.

2003 Travels :
Two weeks in Nicaragua in October

2004 Travels:
Nicaragua (twice), Normandy, London, and Costa Rica. US: Tampa, Florida

2005 Travel :
Barbados, US Virgin Islands, Nicaragua. US: Hurricane Katrina (MS)

2006 Travel :
China, US Virgin Islands, Costa Rica/Nicaragua.

2007 Travel :
US Virgin Islands, Curacao, Costa Rica/Nicaragua US: Tampa, San Diego Austin

2008 Travel:
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles, London US: Hawaii (Kauai/Maui), Austin

2009 Travel:
UK, Finland, and India, Belize Turks & Caicos Nicaragua US: Tampa, Ann Arbor, MI, Colorado Rockies

2010 Travel
Roatan, Honduras, Vietnam (north & south) and Cambodia (Angkor Wat/Angkor Thom) US: Gulf Coast of Florida (twice)

2011 Travel
Panama (twice), Bahamas US: LA, Palm Beach, FL

I got approved for the Trusted Traveler program allowing quicker entries into the US. It took several months and a trip to LA to make it happen. The first trip through Miami using it was a nightmare, even worse than a regular trip through Miami. I recontacted Homeland Security who swore it was fixed and when I went through Houston later, everything worked great. It's a total pain to get but worth it when it works.

2012:
Panama in Mar-Apr, US: Colorado and Utah Rockies I got my PADI Rescue Diver certification at Homestead Crater in Midway, UT in April. Buddy Dive live-aboard dive trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos.

2013: Bad ski accident at Copper Mountain, CO in January. They allowed a drunk snowboarder on slopes who crashed into me. Concussion, broken ribs, punctured lung. I was out of action for two months but the snowboarder got away with it.

Tampa, Florida in June. Lots of trips to Houston, the Colorado mountains and Nebraska throughout the year. Buenas Aires, Argentina and Uruguay with friends in August. Roatan, Honduras in September.

2014 Plans: Japan with friends in March. Will be diving in the Bahamas on the AquaCat dive catamaran and in Roatan again in November. Fun!

• Intro Updated Apr 3, 2014

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle

• mdfloyd322's Profile Photo
      Apr 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Thanks much. I went out with friends for Japanese food...in Tokyo. We had a great time for 10 days in Tokyo, Narita, and Kyoto.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
mdfloyd322's Profile Photo

mdfloyd322

“Have Passport, Will Travel...”

Ranked Member