"At the heart of Salzburg region" Top 5 Page for this destination Werfen by blumia
Werfen Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 178 photos
Werfen is just off the A10 Tauern Highway, 35 km from Salzburg and 190 km to Munich.
Werfen, at the heart of the Salzburg region, presents marvellous opportunities for sports and leisure.
The castle of Hohenwerfen is one of the most vast Castle of the Alpen. In more than 900 years history the castle has different utilities: as a religion place, a place for sovereign, as a prison, a school for gendarms and a movable-scene. The castle is openend from march until november.
Guided tours of the fortress, weapons exhibition and adated state room daily. Audio guide Sound and light installation... more travel advice
Conceald within the Tennengebirge mountain range is a system of caves over 40 km in length containing a unique natural... more travel advice
blumia's Related Pages
Werfen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great daytrip from Salzburg"
- "Hohenwerfen Castle"
- "At the heart of Salzburg region"
- "A Magical Wedding at a Magical Place"
- "The setting for the movie "Where eagles dare""
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Werfen
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Werfen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Werfen
Top 10 Pages
- Hamburg Intro, 18 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- San Lorenzo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oberstdorf Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gunzenhausen Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Pula Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Lovran Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Bernau Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Ireland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cannobio Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos