"Nature cradled the city and art fashioned it" Schwäbisch Hall by blumia
Schwäbisch Hall Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 21 photos
Schwäbisch Hall is a city rich in history and progress, a city built centuries ago upon the wealth of the "white gold" of medieval salt mines.
The heart of the Old Town is the market square with its majestic Renaissance residences, Baroque town hall and most magnificant of all the Romanesque Gothic Church St. Michael.
The summer months offer the visitors the unique occasion to enjoy the town´s rich tradition of professional open-air theater.
There is although the town´s Globe Theater modelled after the world-famous original in London.
You can find famous paintings from such names as Picasso, Liebermann, Hrdlicka , ......... painting and sculptures from the collection of the art magnate Reinhold Würth.
In the Moment you can see Botero .
In top of the valley of the river Kocher there is the monastery of the Benediktiner monks named Kloster Comburg.First this monastery was a stronghold and chang in the 11. century to a monestary.
In these days Kloster Comburg is a academy for leadership .
You can visit it from April until Oktober
The Sud house is near the Kunsthalle Würth. The building is an old brewery in different floors. You can have breakfast,... more travel advice
blumia's Related Pages
Schwäbisch Hall Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nature cradled the city and art fashioned it"
- "Schwäbisch Hall by Chamsa"
- "Schwäbisch Hall, Germany"
- "Schwaebisch Hall - Steep Little City In Old Swabia"
- "Schwabish Hall"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schwäbisch Hall
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Schwäbisch Hall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schwäbisch Hall
Top 10 Pages
- Hamburg Intro, 18 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- San Lorenzo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oberstdorf Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gunzenhausen Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Pula Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Lovran Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Bernau Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Ireland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cannobio Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos