"A very lovely little town" Tende by blumia
Tende Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 30 photos
Tende and other little place there are centers for excursions into the Marcantour, best for hiking but jeep tours are also available.
Tende was a fortified town guarding an important pass into the Piemont. It´s a very lovely little Italian-style medieval mountain town, with houses grouped tightly together on the flank of the mountain. Buildings are typically medieval houses ans alpine architecture, with narrow streets, vaulted passages and sculpted door lintels. The houses are roofed in lauze, a local varient of slate, and are often dark in the shadow of the mountains. There are many houses of the 15th century.
The line of mountains along the Franco-Italian border include over 20 peaks higher than 2000m. 10 km north of town is the Col de Tende.
- In a nutshell:Very impressive!!!!
A half-dozen trains a day connect Tende with Nice, Breil and other villages to the south as well Vintemiglia on the... more travel advice
blumia's Related Pages
Tende Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Tende
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Tende?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tende
Photos in TendeSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Hamburg Intro, 18 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- San Lorenzo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oberstdorf Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gunzenhausen Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Pula Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Lovran Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Bernau Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Ireland Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cannobio Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos