"Home of the Monarchs" Angangueo by lareina
Angangueo Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 42 photos
We made the tiny mountain town of Angangueo our base for visiting el Santuario Mariposa Monarca. We arrived late one afternoon and got up early the next morning to climb the mountain to the butterfly sanctuary. The wintering of the butterflies is an amazing phenomenon.
Guidebooks don't exactly cover this town in much detail so in my few tips I will try to add some useful pointers. Happy butterfly viewing!
We took a Autobuses Zinacantepec y Ramales direct bus from Mexico City's Terminal Poniente to Angangueo via Zitacuaro at... more travel advice
We hired a driver to take us to El Rosario sanctuary (about 400pesos with tip for the ride...we were only three but if... more travel advice
lareina's Related Pages
Angangueo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mineral de Angangeo and El Rosario Sanctuary"
- "Home of the Monarchs"
- "Angangueo (Sanctuario de las Mariposas Monarcas)"
- "Angangueo--one couple's Mexican driving adventure"
- "A home base close to the Monarch Butterflies..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Angangueo
- Hotels in Angangueo
- Transportation in Angangueo
- Restaurants in Angangueo
- Warnings and Dangers in Angangueo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Angangueo
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Angangueo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angangueo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Fe Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Portland Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bandelier National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Angangueo Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos