"Another Side of Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende by lareina
San Miguel de Allende Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 346 photos
I spent six lovely weeks in San Miguel this past October and November. The beautiful Mexican sun shone down on me almost every day and it was hard to believe that I would be under rainy skies if I were home.
I saw quite a few festivals and became accustomed to fireworks going off at any hour of the day or night. I also had some great comida...from cheap tacos at my local stand to exquisite meals at the newest restaurants. The thing I most loved about San Miguel was the colour....so vibrant and rich.
It is true that San Miguel is home to many Americans and Canadians and that the town is quite different compared to the rest of Mexico. Nonetheless I still think that San Miguel has its authenticity and charm, this just means that a traveller has to look a little harder to find the real 'San Miguel'. Venture beyond the areas surrounding the Jardin and explore the barrios, especially San Antonio. Or just relax and enjoy the shops, restaurants, and beautiful colonial architecture in this gem of a Mexican town.
- Pros:Architecture, history, colour.
- Cons:You will wish you were the only tourist to find this gem.
Cha Cha Cha is a cozy little Mexican restaurant ran by a Mexican-American couple in the neighborhood of Colonia San... more travel advice
There are a few local markets in San Miguel selling arts and crafts and also produce. El Mercado Ignacio Ramirez is... more travel advice
lareina's Related Pages
San Miguel de Allende Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Miguel de Allende"
- "My first trip to Mexico! An incredible journey!"
- "Another Side of Mexico"
- "San Miguel de Allende, Mexico"
- "SAN MIGUEL de ALLENDE, MEXICO"
- "Special Lil' Place"
- "Travel Notes from San Miguel de Allende"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Miguel de Allende
- Hotels in San Miguel de Allende
- Transportation in San Miguel de Allende
- Nightlife in San Miguel de Allende
- Restaurants in San Miguel de Allende
- Shopping in San Miguel de Allende
- Warnings and Dangers in San Miguel de Allende
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Miguel de Allende
- 11 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to San Miguel de Allende?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Miguel de Allende
Photos in San Miguel de AllendeSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Fe Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Portland Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bandelier National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Angangueo Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos