"Home, Sweet Home in the Pacific Northwest" Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene by lareina
Eugene Travel Guide: 234 reviews and 356 photos
Well, I grew up in and around Eugene and it is a fun place to live. Eugene is an eclectic town, thanks in part to my alma mater, the University of Oregon and a large population of retired hippies. (And no, I am not a rabid Duck fan, I have never even been to a football game!) The town is in an ideal location for hiking, biking, canoeing, basically any outdoor activity...and the mountains and the ocean are only a short drive away. Eugene does get quite a bit of rain, but it is worth it for all the green!
- Pros:Used CD and book stores, U of O, organic food, location.
- Cons:Rain and grey winters.
- In a nutshell:A place for every hippy and frat boy, vegan and carnivore!
Get yourself down to the newly re-opened and expanded Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art at the University of Oregon. This... more travel advice
Now how many coffeeshops have a view of a prison? Well, this one does and it is a relaxing place to sip some java on a... more travel advice
lareina's Related Pages
Eugene Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EUGENE, OREGON USA"
- "Track town USA"
- "Home, Sweet Home in the Pacific Northwest"
- "Eugene, OR"
- "Eugene, kicking the rain"
- "Eugene - a place to take it easy"
- "Eugene, Oregon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eugene
- Hotels in Eugene
- Transportation in Eugene
- Nightlife in Eugene
- Restaurants in Eugene
- Shopping in Eugene
- Warnings and Dangers in Eugene
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eugene
- 12 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Eugene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eugene
Photos in EugeneSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Fe Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Portland Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bandelier National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Angangueo Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos