"Santa Fe Days" Santa Fe by lareina

Santa Fe Travel Guide: 693 reviews and 1,395 photos

Sun & Snow in Santa Fe

Well, in total I have spent seven months of 2004 in Santa Fe. I was extremely busy working while I was there, but have managed to pull together a few notes on restaurants and sites. I absolutely love the sun and skies in New Mexico. I am a native Northwesterner and it was so nice to be able to see the sun in the winter, even if it was frigid!

In my short time in Santa Fe, I came to love margaritas, red and green chile, 10,000 Waves, Tomasitas, and milagros. I enjoy going into a bar in Santa Fe and seeing a mix of Southwestern cowboy, New Age spirituality, and Hispanic styles. Santa Fe is definetly unique and although it took me forever to find my way around downtown (adobe looked all the same to me!), I finally did get my bearings and was sad to leave.

Look for more pages in December and January when I will finally have time to add many of the pages I have been missing....the Aspens, more restaurants, Tent Rocks, Bandelier, and a whole slew of stuff. Hasta pronto!

• Pros:Tasty Southwestern food, great margaritas, tons of art, and a diverse culture.
  • Cons:Cars are a necessary evil.
  • In a nutshell:Go ahead and run the yellow light, they'll think you're New Mexican! ;)
  • Last visit to Santa Fe: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 24, 2004

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 9:06 AM

We'll be traveling to Santa Fe in a couple of weeks--can't wait! Thanks for your tips...I hope 2007 is a good one for you! Regards from Texas...

• katezr's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2006 at 2:59 PM

Nice page, made me so homesick! I miss Santa Fe even here in Florence, Italy. Was the Santa Fe Bakery on Cordova Rd. there in 2004? - it's another great cafe.

lareina

“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. -Ralph Waldo Emerson”

Badges & Stats in Santa Fe

Have you been to Santa Fe?

Latest Activity in Santa Fe