"Santa Fe Days" Santa Fe by lareina
Santa Fe Travel Guide: 686 reviews and 1,374 photos
Well, in total I have spent seven months of 2004 in Santa Fe. I was extremely busy working while I was there, but have managed to pull together a few notes on restaurants and sites. I absolutely love the sun and skies in New Mexico. I am a native Northwesterner and it was so nice to be able to see the sun in the winter, even if it was frigid!
In my short time in Santa Fe, I came to love margaritas, red and green chile, 10,000 Waves, Tomasitas, and milagros. I enjoy going into a bar in Santa Fe and seeing a mix of Southwestern cowboy, New Age spirituality, and Hispanic styles. Santa Fe is definetly unique and although it took me forever to find my way around downtown (adobe looked all the same to me!), I finally did get my bearings and was sad to leave.
Look for more pages in December and January when I will finally have time to add many of the pages I have been missing....the Aspens, more restaurants, Tent Rocks, Bandelier, and a whole slew of stuff. Hasta pronto!
- Pros:Tasty Southwestern food, great margaritas, tons of art, and a diverse culture.
- Cons:Cars are a necessary evil.
- In a nutshell:Go ahead and run the yellow light, they'll think you're New Mexican! ;)
The old Santa Fe railyard is a unique area to explore. There are many brightly coloured rail cars in the lot and an old... more travel advice
Even if you don't buy a thing, Jackalope is still a fun place to go to. You could roughly classify this place as a home... more travel advice
Written Jan 28, 2005
Buddhism in Santa Fe
Written Jan 20, 2005
Outdoor Activities Around Santa Fe
lareina's Related Pages
Santa Fe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Pristine Winter Wonderland--Santa Fe,New Mexico"
- "Santa Fe, New Mexico"
- ""Fanta Se""
- "La Villa Real de la Santa Fe"
- "Steep in History"
- "The City Different"
- "Santa Fe Days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Fe
- Hotels in Santa Fe
- Transportation in Santa Fe
- Nightlife in Santa Fe
- Restaurants in Santa Fe
- Shopping in Santa Fe
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Fe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Fe
- 17 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Santa Fe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Fe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Fe Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Portland Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bandelier National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Angangueo Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos