"El Santuario de Chimayo" Chimayo by lareina
Chimayo Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 87 photos
El Santuario de Chimayo is an oft visited holy site near Santa Fe. Not only do religious believers flock to Chimayo for the holy curing dirt, but it is also a hotspot for artists. Come to Chimayo to appreciate the details, from the crosses made out of twigs in the lower area to the handwritten notes left inside the Santuario. Also of interest is the town cemetery which is just down the street from el Santuario.
A trip to Chimayo is incomplete without a purchase of Chimayo Holy Chile. I know people from all over the country who... more travel advice
lareina's Related Pages
Chimayo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sacred Soil & Plastic Madonnas"
- "A place of pilgrimage"
- "El Santuario de Chimayo"
- "El Santuario"
- "Basaic Chimayo Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chimayo
- Nightlife in Chimayo
- Restaurants in Chimayo
- Shopping in Chimayo
- Warnings and Dangers in Chimayo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chimayo
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Chimayo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chimayo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Fe Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Portland Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bandelier National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Angangueo Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos