"Granada--Donde reside mi corazon" Granada by lareina
Granada Travel Guide: 2,049 reviews and 5,191 photos
I spent six months studying Spanish in Granada in 1999 and have since been back twice to visit friends and soak in the Andalucian sun. Granada has an allure all its own, it sinks into your skin and doesn't ever fade away. I don't think I can ever get enough of this city.
As I am building my Granada pages I feel like I am back there walking through the streets and plazas. I can remember the sounds of motos zipping past, the smell of wisteria coming from behind a garden wall, and after a night out, the lovely, weary feeling of walking through a desolate street as dawn is nearing, hearing only the echo of my footsteps off of the cobblestones and looking forward to a new day.
My best advice is to just go to Granada, live on granadino time and let the city take you in.
- Pros:La Alhambra, free tapas, the accent, the weather, and los Granadinos, muy buena gente.
In 1492, the Catholic Monarchs Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand succeeded in their reconquest of Spain by defeating the... more travel advice
Ok, I know the actual name is not the flower plaza, it is Plaza Bib-Rambla, but I always remember it because of the many... more travel advice
lareina's Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- "La Alhambra y Generalife"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Fe Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Verona Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Portland Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Miguel de Allende Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Bandelier National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Angangueo Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos