"Granada--Donde reside mi corazon" Granada by lareina

Granada Travel Guide: 2,038 reviews and 5,127 photos

My Personal Granada

I spent six months studying Spanish in Granada in 1999 and have since been back twice to visit friends and soak in the Andalucian sun. Granada has an allure all its own, it sinks into your skin and doesn't ever fade away. I don't think I can ever get enough of this city.

As I am building my Granada pages I feel like I am back there walking through the streets and plazas. I can remember the sounds of motos zipping past, the smell of wisteria coming from behind a garden wall, and after a night out, the lovely, weary feeling of walking through a desolate street as dawn is nearing, hearing only the echo of my footsteps off of the cobblestones and looking forward to a new day.

My best advice is to just go to Granada, live on granadino time and let the city take you in.

• Pros:La Alhambra, free tapas, the accent, the weather, and los Granadinos, muy buena gente.
  • Last visit to Granada: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2004

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2005 at 7:46 PM

Love your impressions of this place that obviously is like a second home to you. Great photos too!!

• lisa_lise's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2005 at 7:11 AM

Lareina, Me gusta su pagina de Granada ;> Voy al Espana verano proximo. I can't wait!

lareina

“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. -Ralph Waldo Emerson”

Badges & Stats in Granada

Have you been to Granada?

Latest Activity in Granada