Beijing Transportation Tips by wandering360
Beijing Transportation: 474 reviews and 498 photos
If you're travelling on a budget and you can manage to pronounce or copy the name of a subway station onto a piece of paper, you can save some money by taking the AirBus.
Outside the airport, there are several ticket booths (unfortunately all in Chinese) and several uniformed ticketing agents for the buses. These buses stop at subway stations and usually terminate at the main train station. But there are several lines, so you'd need to tell the agent your destination and she will lead you to correct bus and even inform the driver of your intended stop.
When the bus leaves the airport expressway, you should be in the city - proper (i.e. the part covered by your street map). Keep an eye for major landmarks such as hotels to try to get a rough idea that you have yet to reach your stop.
Listen for the bus driver to yell out your stop. Usually he doesn't identify the stops but if he knows of a foreigner onboard, he'd yell out the station name.
To head towards the airport, go to the parking lot of the International Hotel in downtown Beijing and look for buses and a long queue.
More Reviews (8)
wandering360's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos
- Egypt Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- France Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Syria Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Petra Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Kunming Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.
- Forbidden City - The Palace Museum- 475 Reviews, 998 Photos
- Summer Palace- 310 Reviews, 617 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Mutianyu- 92 Reviews, 247 Photos
- Temple of Heaven- 229 Reviews, 504 Photos
- Lama Temple - Yonghegong- 67 Reviews, 156 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Badaling- 112 Reviews, 246 Photos
- Wangfujing Street- 32 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Teahouses- 18 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Tiananmen Square- 161 Reviews, 320 Photos
- Hutongs- 73 Reviews, 164 Photos
See All Beijing Things to Do