"Home of the High Country" Top 5 Page for this destination Boone by TimDaoust
Boone Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 178 photos
Boone. There's a lot to say about Boone. It's a college town and small, nestled in between some mountains and close to a lot of attractions including the Blue Ridge Parkway. My first visits were during my college days at UNC Greensboro. Boone was a hub and hangout spot when my dorm mates and I would go to Valle Crucis, a much smaller mountain town about fifteen miles from Boone. I kept coming to visit when my brother decided to attend ASU and eventually, I couldn't stay away. After I met my ex-wife in France in the summer of 2002 I seriously couldn't stay away because she attended ASU as well. It's really a lovely place and has a pretty happening downtown area. Just two hours from Greensboro, NC.
- In a nutshell:Quaint Mountain town close to ski resorts and the Blue Ridge Parkway
This is a unique little shop, if you dig general store type places. There is a huge clothing section, camping gear, and... more travel advice
This almost qualifies as an off the beaten path tip, because it's outside of Boone. You will see some of the most serene... more travel advice
- See All Vegetarian
- Prepare for some hiking.
- Cheap, centrally located hotel
- Winkler Creek
Written Jan 13, 2005
Blue Ridge Parkway trips
Written Jul 26, 2005
Blue Ridge Parkway trips 2
TimDaoust's Related Pages
Boone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Adventures in the High Country"
- "The High Country!"
- "Home of the High Country"
- "Boone, NC"
- "Boone NC"
- "Boone, NC"
- "Boone is Beautiful!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boone
- Hotels in Boone
- Transportation in Boone
- Nightlife in Boone
- Restaurants in Boone
- Shopping in Boone
- Warnings and Dangers in Boone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boone
- 24 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Boone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boone
Photos in BooneSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angers Intro, 38 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Raleigh Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 24 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Juan del Sur Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Giverny Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue