"Rome, Italy" Rome by TimDaoust

Rome Travel Guide: 11,964 reviews and 26,451 photos

When in Rome...

This was the first city in Europe that I set foot in. (Unless you count the airport in Milan). When I visited Europe after graduating high school the tour started here in Rome. Due to the restrictions of a guided group tour we were unable to see much of the nightlife. Historical sites abounded, however, as we visited everywhere from the coloseum and various other ruins to St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican City. Cafes and restaurants were quite an experience as well. Hardly any of us spoke but a few words of Italian and the customs were unique and strange to us. For instance to buy something at a pizza shop or a cafe you had to pay at a register, then take a receipt to the counter to retrieve what you had bought. We were confused but had a wonderful time anyway.

• Last visit to Rome: Jun 1999
  • Intro Updated Jan 14, 2005

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2005 at 10:57 AM

Thanks for the kind (and I do mean kind) comments about my poor #64 rated Rome page! :)) I need another trip to make this page better. I look forward to seeing your updated Rome page because, as you know, I love this city alot. Talk to you later.

TimDaoust

“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. ~Aldous Huxley”

Badges & Stats in Rome