"Le plus haut Chateau de la France" Brissac by TimDaoust
Brissac Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
This is the tallest chateau in France. It was originally going to be much taller but whoever was building ran out of money I think and had to cap it at 7 stories. You can tour the chateau and visit the cellar beneath for wine tastings and the gift shop. Interesting factiod is that the family who owns it still lives in it and it has been in their family for several generations.
Very beautiful grounds here as well. This is a photo of our group playing hackey-sack.
I found out on the tour you can actually rent rooms here for honeymoons and other such things. And there are secret passages as well. And a chapel and huge halls, ornate staircases, etc. etc. well worth a trip to see it.
TimDaoust's Related Pages
Brissac Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brissac
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Brissac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brissac
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 19 reviews, 82 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angers Intro, 38 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocracoke Intro, 26 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Raleigh Intro, 36 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boone Intro, 24 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Juan del Sur Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Giverny Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue