"New York - R U visitor No 700?" New York City by davesut

New York City Travel Guide: 15,856 reviews and 31,858 photos

Here we go - New York City

Hi my name is BeeTed (you can see that bee on the end of my nose) and I would like to share with you my experiences with davesut and family during our recent NYC visit. If you are looking for a lot of history and info then try a guide book - let's face it they do it much better than me. If you want to read about some of our thoughts on NYC visit then read on.

We ventured away from the city first to Ithaca and then Niagara Falls

Back to Davesut's home page

What we liked or otherwise

I'm going for a Green, Amber, Red system
Green for things that I enjoyed and would recommend without hesitation
Staying in Greenwich Village
Traveling by Subway
Statue of Liberty
A Broadway Show
Empire State Building
Circle Line Tour
Grand Central Station

Amber for experiences that were good just need a little planning such as
Traveling by Yellow Taxi from the Airport
Central Park
Lower East Side Tenement Museum
Ellis Island Museum

Finally Red for experiences that I'm not sure I would recommend - good in parts but there are other things that could be better for you
Times Square
Marionette Theatre, Central Park
Museum of Natural History - controversial? Maybe but read on
South Street Seaport

• Last visit to New York City: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2011

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM

David, I enjoyed reading your tips on NYC. I lived there for four years when I was a student, but that was a long time ago.
    It was nice to meet you at the Paris meeting in 2011 -- hope we can meet again sometime.

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Hi Dave, interesting page about your trips to New York! I like all the practical info, like where to get early, or to get food rather on Ellis Island and not on Liberty Island. I did not expect that it would be so cold around Easter!
    It was great meeting you in York four weeks ago, only I was a bit tired during the meal and am afraid I didn't talk so much, but I enjoyed the meeting very much :-)

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Dave,thanks for the info and tips about Central Park,did not realise it was so big.I would love to see Grand Central station looks like a wonderful place,and China Town sounds fantastic. I want to visit NY now.

• May 21, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Dave, my sister lives in NY, but you sure are a better tip giver than her :) I have to ask her to discover Manatu. It sounds good especially because she is a breakfast person too. I'm sure I can use your tips when I visit her in NY.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 5:35 AM

Your pages brings back good memories for me, time square leave it out spot on once is enough & its nothing like our west end - good pages you nut

• Suzze's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2008 at 2:38 AM

OMG yes visitor No 500 - is this a trick question!! Wanted to see what you thought of NY and here I am stating that I've done the 500th hit.......

• littlening's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2008 at 2:41 AM

hey dave!! I'm Nuning from Jakarta. I found that it's really enjoyable to read your travel posting here in VT... guess i'll be your loyal reader soon :p

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2008 at 1:23 PM

I LOVED the stuffed "pets" on your welcome page picture, will browse the rest of the page later on... cheers from Mexico! :)

• poons's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Hey David... just home building & nesting at the moment :o) Euromeet08 soon, & hope to trundle around S. America later. How's you and your ladies? Well, I hope. Just spotted BeeTed.... hehe, cute!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Visitor 390. Beeted has travelled all over NYC without getting mugged :) Enjoyed reading this page, bring back fond memories of the Big Apple. Cheers, SL:)

davesut

“I have nothing to declare except my geekinus”

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?

Latest Activity in New York City