"Rovinj in the sun, some of the time" Top 5 Page for this destination Rovinj by davesut

Rovinj Travel Guide: 329 reviews and 894 photos

Old Town

It really is beautiful. This was my base for a 12 day stay. Rovinj is a great town. It is so intimate yet you are never short of things to do. It is a great town with great restaurants and people and even great weather (sometimes)

Back to Davesut's home page

get lost in the old town

I love towns like this, the narrow streets and high buildings built in a bygone age.

• Pros:Buildings, churches, narrow streets, good food
  • Cons:none really if you don't mind rain
  • Last visit to Rovinj: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2008

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Trying to plan our first trip to Croatia for a week in September - your tips are helping a lot!
    Better not mention this restaurant to Mr B .... Though if this is where we land up..... ;-)

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2010 at 2:36 AM

I have to re visit Rovinj one day. Ciao!

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I never went up to St. Euphemia campanile, but it definitely looks like it is worth the effort. Well done page, had a laugh about the restaurant waiters .....

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Hi Dave but where are the photos of the waiters? Will bear the warning in mind as I do need to get back to Croatia some day to see a bit more than my last trip to Split!Nice tips and page - tho cant find the naturist beach photos either.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Another fantastic page of yours. I was in Rovinj twice about 25 years ago, so I don't remember much. At least the St Euphemia's Church was there at that time as well. :-)

• Apr 14, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Great page, will have to visit one day.... I loved the sound of your warning tip hehehehe

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 6:09 AM

very nice page on a town less publicized. I love places like this. Canal trip sounds perfect. N.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2006 at 9:18 AM

I love Rovinj too. Sorry you had rain. I had hot hot hot weather (in May). Like your warning. I guess you'll have to go back soon to get your pottery.

• Jul 6, 2006 at 3:46 PM

Excellent page!! Now.. where *exactly* is the Pastrik restaurant?? :)))

davesut

“I have nothing to declare except my geekinus”

Badges & Stats in Rovinj